Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I have a question about a very useful expression..    

I have a question about a very useful expression..

alien boy
Japan

As everyone else has said, the context is important if you want the equivalent expression in English.

My impression, binhobear, is that you �re interested in colloqial expressions. Please correct me if I �m wrong!

There are many unusual expressions, depending on what you mean:
�signed, sealed, & delivered! � - the�deal/agreement has been completely agreed to & confirmed;
� �done like a dinner � - everything �s been completed, easily & quickly, to your advantage�(this expression can be used in other ways too)
�hit a home run � - to be a success/successful
something is �in the bag � - the situation is certain�to succeed.
�done and dusted� - completed
�all over, bar the shouting� - completed
I �m sure there are some really interesting ones�other members could contribute!
I �ll add more as time permits (I �m at work...)
Cheers,
AB�

9 Apr 2015     

binhobear
Brazil

Hello folks.... sorry for taking long to reply but I was very busy as usual... Bruce I meant when I said that expression It was about when you have a situation of having a good deal with a company for example and you will accept their services and business so you decide to close the contract "in a positive way" or "make a deal"??? That�s my doubt!!! I�m just telling this because I want to sign a contract in an exchange company to USA and I told the guy that I would "make a deal" to him but I was not sure if it was the correct expression or not, since I searched it and all I found was that on this way I could say "make a deal" not in a literary context as well..... thanks in advance...

10 Apr 2015     

douglas
United States

In this context, you probably wanted "close the deal" with him--"make a deal" normally means you still want to barter/negotiate over terms, conditions, etc.

Cheers,
douglas 

10 Apr 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I would �accept their offer. �

10 Apr 2015     

binhobear
Brazil

Thank you guys..... You �ve helped me a lot with those examples... bye...

10 Apr 2015     

< Previous   1    2