Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > skills    

skills

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

skills

hello everyone
I have some questions about reading skills
 1- anlyzing of written information , can we  express  this skills by  classify , compare  questions?
2- summarizing  the  written information or the main  idea  can we express this skill by   giving student passage and ask them  complete sentence or complete  table ?
3-  if  I give student  two pictures   and  words  and ask them to look  at the picture and choose the right words to complete the sentences   this  question  follow  which  skills  identifying word meaning or  analyzing  ?

waiting your help 

10 Apr 2015      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hello wizardsoulmile, I �ll have a go, but I don �t think there are any definitive answers to your questions. 
1) Analysing. Classifying or putting items into categories, also comparison questions are very useful, particularly the classification. If you look at the Bloom �s chart, for analysis, putting things into their categories is one of the recommended activities.
2) Summarising (I �m not correcting your spelling, I �m English!), yes, I think completing a table with the key info is an excellent activity. 
3) This sounds like a matching exercise. On the Bloom �s chart, this is a lower level skill, �understanding. � Match ups like this ensure comprehension and are useful for beginners, or introducing new vocabulary at whatever level.

Hope you get some more answers! 

11 Apr 2015     

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

yes I get the answer
thank you a lot  

22 Apr 2015