Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Creative funny "punishments" game!    

Creative funny "punishments" game!

Sirenevyimetallik
Russian Federation

Creative funny "punishments" game!

Dear colleagues!
Can you help me with one question. I �ve been teaching English for more than 7 years and I �ve never had a perfect group of students, I mean who always did their homework, one or two of them  from time to time didn �t do their homework or didn �t learn the words by heart,...And I �ve got the idea of creative funny punishments game - take a box or a jar, put plasic eggs (from kinder as an example), and put a small sheet of paper with a note inside each egg. There is a punishment on the notes. Can you help me with the ideas of funny punishments....(Sing a song or some others)Or maybe you �ii give me some other ideas how to solve this problem)))
Thank you in advance!

15 Apr 2015      

kohai
Latvia

Students do love fun...
Aren �t  you afraid of the situation when everybody will be looking forward to being punished by a funny task? ;)

15 Apr 2015     

Aintha
Poland

I agree with Kohai.

Better to put there things like:
1. Learn by heart the poem "XYZ" :)
2. Write an e-mail to the pen pal.
3. Learn 15 animals.

All for the next lesson.
etc.

15 Apr 2015     

Dayanara
Colombia

I think this depends on the students � age, if your students are teenagers they will truly hate doing this kind of things in front of the whole class. Now, from my experience let me say that not all kids love this kind of "punishments", some students might feel ashamed or threatened (I think the majority), I think the fun is for the ones who are sitting at their seats watching them, that for me is what they mostly enjoy, seeing others do funny stuff, not performing them themselves.

And about the punishments, I always use one that is very funny, students have to give their backs to the classroom and draw a number with their buttocks, it is like writing a number with your finger on the air, but instead of using your finger you use your buttocks, and to add a little bit more of fun at the end you can ask them to erase the number again with ther buttcoks.

15 Apr 2015     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Dayanara

That is the funniest punishment in the world! :)

15 Apr 2015     

alien boy
Japan

AT my last school, we used to include singing the school song to the class, or whatever other English songs we had been teaching too. Other instructions (all in English) included miming different things, being the English classroom monitor for the following lesson, saying an English tongue twister out loud (3 times), and the like. We used a deck of cards rather than a plastic egg. 

15 Apr 2015     

Sirenevyimetallik
Russian Federation

Thanks for all of your answers! I understand Kohai �s doubts and absolutely agree with Dayanara - that it depends on students. If we talk about children at the age of 7-12 they, as my experience shows, hardly ever don �t do their hometask or learn the words. If we talk about teenagers (and even adults) unfortunately, we have another situation... I �ll use different tasks and singing, and drawing with buttocks!!!!(that �s  really funny!!!) I have already used tongue twisters at the lessons and maybe will use it again as a task! As for the form of this game - cards we use every lesson in different games, so I think they are a bit tired of them, that �s why I decided to use another unusual  form - it �ll look like a lottery!!! Thanks all of you! You gave me inspiration!!!

15 Apr 2015     

broncesambar
Argentina

Why not reward the ones that do well in class? I have a magic trunk where I put lots of things such as nice erasers, pencils, stickers, pokemon playing cards, and those who behaved perfectly and worked in class can open the magic trunk choose something from it. They are eager to open it every Friday and choose whatever they like. Kiss!!

16 Apr 2015     

Sirenevyimetallik
Russian Federation

What a good idea! I have a system of rewarding, especially for kids, they get stickers for their homework if it �s done corrrectly, for their projects and etc. And at the end of the school year they can exchange their stickets into objects with the logo of the school (t-shirts, caps, pens, magnets)

16 Apr 2015