Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > users    

users

yellow bee
Portugal

users

hello dear friends...

I was searching all the users in this site, especially portuguese, and what I see??

There are a lots of teachers who had 0 points and none contributions.

so, ask I:  why are they here????

I think Victor should delete users that have 0 points or 0 contribuitions....

What do you think???

Kiss and Happy carnival Holiday.

20 Feb 2009      

Keizy HaNsOn
United States

Totally agree.. there �s no sense to keep such people here.. well I �ve just joined.. 3 days ago and I have already 7 points counted.. waiting for my 8 points to be added!�Smile

People who have registered a long time and have no points and no contributions should be deleted.�Confused

20 Feb 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I agree too.

Hugs!!!!

MAR Smile

20 Feb 2009     

mylena87
Brazil

i totally agree....

20 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Whoa - hold your horses people.

Keizy-as a new member - that �s a pretty tall order!

We don �t know the reason why these people are not active.
but to throw the out - that �s up to Victor to decide.

Let �s not start a lynching squad here - ok?
L

21 Feb 2009     

Salenka
Brazil

I don �t agree. What �s the point of deleting users?

It �s not like they are messing up with the system, and deleting people like that may deprive the website (and its members) of valuable contribuitions in the future. Who knows?

If inactive members do mess the system up I apologize. I �m not a programmer.

Anyway, if it will happen someday it is essencial to make it veeery clear at the moment someone joins ESL Printables.

21 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I didn �t have any uploads or downloads for quite some time, but was an active reader of the messages on the forum board before i became an active participant and started posting. Should i have been deleted?

But then again, yes, there are people who just registered and never came back again. Maybe there should be a ... thing ... that automatically deletes your account after it �s been inactive for, say, six months ...

21 Feb 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi

I have to say something about this. I remember the first time I got here, I joined as a member and then after a while I forgot my password and my username, so I joined again. I know it is not correct but it was a mistake.

If that doesn �t take too much space I think it is not harmful, but I agree with Ivona, if a person is inactive for a period of time and has 0 points, the account could be deleted automatically.

Best wishes

21 Feb 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Good evening yellow bee! Good evening to you all!

To tell you the truth, those members who have 0 contributions don �t affect me at all, unless, like Salented pointed out, they are messing up with the system. However, I �m inclined to believe that is not the case, otherwise victor would have already changed the rules.

It is a fact that  the main aim of the site is sharing and those members are not doing so right now, but  I would find it most impolite , even rude, to "kick them out!", when that is not a rule of the site. When we register, the only thing mentioned is that "Only registered users can get full access to downloads. After registering [they] have to send [...] one of [their] own printables." No reference is made to the fact that no contributions would imply being  banned from the site.

Like Libertybelle has said, I think we �d better hold our horses here...

Have a good night!
mena

21 Feb 2009