Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Dave allen stand up video    

Dave allen stand up video

mari_18cf
Brazil

Dave allen stand up video

About the seconds 00:13 he mentions a gothic door and just after studs in it. What would studs mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxo81Ok9Urk

Thanks in advance. 

1 May 2015      

yanogator
United States

If you picture a large, heavy wooden door on a church from the middle ages in Europe, you might picture some large metal objects embedded in the wood. They are similar to the huge "nails" or "spikes" that attach the hinges to the door. Those might also be called studs.

If you picture a man �s dress shirt, sometimes they don �t have buttons down the front. Instead, they have a series of holes down the front, and the man has a set of objects that fit into these holes and serve the purpose of buttons. These are also called studs. I think you can see that these two objects are somewhat similar (although shirt studs are much smaller, of course)

Bruce 

1 May 2015     

Apodo
Australia

Here is a castle door with metal hinges and studs.

1 May 2015     

mari_18cf
Brazil

You �re awesome. I might have thought that, but because of his body language I may have considered it to be some kind of window or so.

Thanks a lot. 

1 May 2015