Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > skill3    

skill3

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

skill3

hello everybody, I need your help . I  need  examples for activities of  these following  reading sub-skills
1-analyzing for written information
2-understanding the information is not explicit  stated
3-identifying word meaning  

11 May 2015      

Minka
Slovenia

I can �t think pof anything for number one except questions to answer. 

For number two I �d say a simple TRUE/FALSE activity would do, provided you include the option "NOT IN THE TEXT".

Number three:  giving words and asking the students to find words with similar meanings in the text. For example - if there is the word velocity in the text, ask them to find a word that means about the same as speed. 

12 May 2015     

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

what  about classifying  or  following  direction to discover places  for number one 

for number two  choose or  see picture  and  complete sentences what  do you think 

number three : fill in gap  related to  this skill 

12 May 2015     

Minka
Slovenia

Yes, for number one, but not for every kind of text, only for texts about places and directions.

I don �t know how you can choose pictures or complete sentences to show that some informaion is not stated in the text.

You could fill in gaps to show you know the meaning of a word, but it takes much more work to prepare such an exercise. In the same way, you could also choose the right picture for this or the right statement - from let �s say three or four statement of which only one is correct.

12 May 2015     

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

well. I mean  after students have read the text I will asked them to choose the correct answer from 3 or 4 alternative . or giving the  picture with the  text  and asking them to complete  a text .

true / false is followed the  determining the truth of statement  skill not understanding the information not explicit stated .

so fill in gaps followed  understanding the information is not explicit stated 

12 May 2015