Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Fonts    

Fonts

silicarozita
Uruguay

Fonts

Hi, my name is Silvana and Im kinda new at this, so I would like to know if anyone could help me. My problem is that whenever I upload a PP or a worksheet with a different font (different as in I downloaded it from the internet) it doesnt appear in the site as I see it in my computer....Anyway, the idewa is to make my work look nicer, but it looks boring because of this and I dont get many ppl downloading my stuff. By the way I think this site is great and an amazing idea!

Bye!

Silvana

21 Feb 2009      

andreaewa
Uruguay

Welcome Silvana!! What you can do is to insert text as paint  images (you can write in paint and cut and paste into the word file, or you can write in word, cut, paste in paint, cut and paste again in word. The result will be a jpg image and it wont change when you upload the file. Hope it works!
See you
Andrea

21 Feb 2009     

sirah
Argentina

Hi Silvana! welcome to this wonderful community! What I do is to use print screen and then paste into word as an image,that way I can use decorative fonts.
have a great day!
Patricia

21 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I think Logos also wrote about embedding a font in Word.
It �s in a drop down menu somewhere.

Remember that if a person doesn �t have your font on their machine,
they have to use a lot of time re-doing the printable.

Also remember that many children can �t read or understand fancy fonts.
So, if your worksheet is a good one, it doesn �t matter about the font type.

L

21 Feb 2009     

sirah
Argentina

Please Silvana check your private messenger.
hugs
Patricia

21 Feb 2009     

silicarozita
Uruguay

Thanks a lot to all of you!!

24 Feb 2009