Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Advertising your own worksheets    

Advertising your own worksheets

manonski (f)
Canada

Advertising your own worksheets

Some members here advertise their own worksheets and everytime they are told, sometimes not very nicely, that this is not allowed. I �ve looked around on this site and I have not seen any rule that says that this practice is forbidden.

I am not saying I am pro-advertising. I am not and I �ve never asked people to download my worksheets. I �ve been a member for over a year and I don �t know when or how this was decided this type of promotion was not permitted.

21 Feb 2009      

SusanBrown
Netherlands

I agree...besides I never do this...I have enough points and I create good and useful worksheets..for everyone that is interested on them.....but I do not care if others do...the spirit of being good and friendly and offer help have been forgotten by some members..time to time here in this web site..the FORUM is a big battle...for stars....and just few are socially polite  into it....courtesy or compassion or something like that?? they do not know what these words mean...unfortunately..sometimes some members want to be the owner of this site and create their own rules..and treat others very bad because of this or that...pity...anyway just human beings showing their issues and fails..normal? I do not know...

21 Feb 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

Manonski and Suzylima,

Thank you so much for your contributions and for the way you look at things.I don �t think it �s forbidden but it �s advisable not to advertise.Just imagine how this board would look If all the members advertised their wss here.

Have a nice weekend

21 Feb 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

Indeed this (self advertising being inappropriate)  is not specified anywhere in the website... But whoever said the web site is perfect?
It certainly needs some improvements, and the first, and most urgent, of which is undoutedly, to set some rule prohibiting this sort of promotion... It has been causing too many problems on the forum recently  and to quote harim
"Just imagine how this board would look If all the members advertised their wss here."

21 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I think that the reason why some members (i belong to the minority) sound harsh to the advertisers. It �s because things are being repeated and repeated over and over again. Even though it �s not to one and the same person, it´s still annoying! To me. And to some other members. But the fault is probably in the absence of the rule which should clearly specify what´s ok, what´s not ok.
I wish i were more patient and polite (just like dear Ladybird), but i �m not. I should practise more. Starting from now. Approve

21 Feb 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

IVONA, Clap I think you �re always kind and polite.

21 Feb 2009     

SusanBrown
Netherlands

Yes, Patience and tolerance are good virtuous qualities we should practise more (not the opposite) and pass them to our students..and other ones...this should be worked into our spirit and our souls..after all....have a nice weekend Folks..even when people are bad with others they will be forgiven someday...that is a hope...Wink

21 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

To itxasobcn - If you actually heard me, you wouldn �t say that. Wink
See, written words can be interpreted in so many ways. (That �s why there are sooooo many interpretations of all the novels and poetry.) For example, take Freddie �s post from the other day when she Qnd why reading and comprehension exercises were called tests. http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=4776
There were members who interpreted the Q as criticism, while she was merely being curious. And it �s all because she didn �t put a - smiley! We cannot see each other here, let alone hear, BUT we can put an emoticon! Viva les emoticones! (lol, which language would this be??) LOL

21 Feb 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I disagree, ladybird.

You �re polite, kind, nice and so sweet. Just great!!!!!!!!!

Huge hugs Hug

21 Feb 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Well, thank you all for your input. I totally agree that this forum could be full of self-advertising and like I said, I am not pro "check my wonderful worksheet". I can decide what is good or not for my students without having someone shoving it up my nose (or another part of the body...Wink.
What I have a problem with, is members who are making up rules about what is acceptable or not on the site and then being rude about that to other members.  It �s the rudeness that bothers me. You can request someone to not do something in a nice way.

Have a good weekend everyone!

21 Feb 2009     

Asya82
Russian Federation

Well, as I can understand this discussion was started because of my innocent desire to share my worksheet(((( Again I want to tell you that I �d never have done it if I hadn �t seen such examples here in this forum myself! I saw dozens of them (such ads as you call them)and nobody was punished for it - only me!!! Nobody accused them of anything(((((( So I decided that it �s normal in this site!!! But it turned out that if you do it here you �ll have to read upsetting and insulting words about yourself!!! What a shame!!!! 

When I read these ads by other teachers it doean �t mean that I �ll download their worksheets and it doesn �t mean that they will get thousands of points!!!! I often skip such posts as I don �t need those topics!!!!

Have a good weekend and be human!!!

21 Feb 2009     

1    2    Next >