Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Writing in Spanish    

Writing in Spanish

Vladislavchik
Russian Federation

Writing in Spanish

Dear friends!

I began studying Spanish online course some days ago.

Can anyone say, how to write letters in Spanish? Is writing different  from English?

Thank you very much)))

31 May 2015      

syktglad
Argentina

Hi, there. Well, writing in Spanish is different from writing in English because in English the letters do not resemble all the sounds. In Spanish, the letter and sounds do not suffer this change as in English. (I´m Argentinian, so my native language is Spanish). I hope you find it easy :D and just drop me a message if you need any help :D

31 May 2015     

melissab
Argentina

Spanish is very easy to write as each letter has only one sound and it doesn �t change. Each vowel sounds like it �s name, no short or long vowels. Each consonant sound like the ones in English, except h which is silent, j which sounds like an h in English, and y which has asound similar to sh or y depending on the region where you are. There are also two additional letters: ñ, which sounds somewhat like an n combined with an i (pronounced "ee" in Spanish) rolling off your tongue, and ll, which has a similar sound but this time the l rolls off the tongue.

Hope this helps you out. Keep in mind that you can write in Spanish without knowing much of the language, whereas English is much more complicated. I should know, I �m an American who lives in Argentina and learned  how to speak Spanish after I moved here, without any previous knowledge of the language. After six months I was pretty fluent, Although it took 2 or 3 years to speak perfect Spanish without an accent. Now most people don �t even realize I �m not Argentinian if I don �t tell them.
Good luck! Spanish is a beautiful language!

31 May 2015     

Vladislavchik
Russian Federation

Thank you very much, dear friends, for your messages. I am really appreciate your help.

31 May 2015