Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help Needed    

Help Needed

angliz teacher
Tunisia

Help Needed

Hi colleagues
I am asked to teach 4 levels: beginners, intermediate, upper-intermediate and advanced.
I have to prepare a program for each level then the lessons.
Well, it �s the first time and I don �t have much time, only 2 weeks before the training starts.
I really need your help
Thanks in advance 

1 Jun 2015      

SVieira
Portugal

Which topics / contents re you to teach within each level? Are those already defined, or are those to be defined by you?
If the topics have already been chosen, you just need to see which language exponents should go with each level.
 But if those haven �t been defined, then this is how I think you should go:
The first thing you have to do is see who you will be teaching to  - children? Teenagers? Adults? Work-based students? False beginners? A specific professional group? ...?
Having that defined, I think you should then go for contents - what will you be teaching? If you have a non-defined group of students (e.g. - random teenagers practising their English skills during summer holidays), you may choose the topics you consider most interesting to them / most adequate to practise each of the language levels. But if you have any specific group (say, a class of health care workers, or a group of people working on tourism), then you should try to focus on contents that are particularly relevant for them (e.g, - health care workers  would need to practise interacting with patients; people working on tourism would probably need to deal with indoor/outdoor activities, ...).
Next to that, I think you would have to define the levels (what each group should be able to do at the end of your course); for guidance, you could take a look at the European Framework of Reference fotr Languages or at the Cambridge English Language Assessment.
For what language exponents are. you may take a look at:
http://myonlineenglishtutor-co-uk.blogspot.pt/2012/09/tefl-functions-and-exponents.html

The European Framework of Reference for Languages (EFRL) is available in:
http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/linguistic/source/framework_en.pdf
(Criteria for descriptors for Common Reference Levels are dealt with from page 22 to page 42)

Cambridge English Language Assessment deals with the correspondance exams - EFRL here:
http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams/

I hope this helps you to get started!

1 Jun 2015     

angliz teacher
Tunisia

Thanks a lot for your help.
Learners will be kids, adolescents, and adults all of them will be divided from beginners to upper intermediate

2 Jun 2015     

EwelinaEwelina
Japan

Hello there,

As for the kids, click here  
www.teachingenglishgames.com

for stories that go with songs, games, PPT s, videos and lesson plans for different ages (preschool and primary school). (Language- everyday vocabulary  built up gradually)
There are also plays, games for kids,teenagers as well as adults. 
 I hope that helps a bit.
Good luck ,

Ewelina 

2 Jun 2015