Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need help    

Need help

steptong
Hong Kong

Need help

Dear all,

Do the following phrases make sense? 

Make a livelihood by farming
Treat farming as my livelihood
Take farming as his livelihood
Farming is his livelihood

Thanks.
Stephanie

5 Jun 2015      

spinney
United Kingdom

The second is possible, depending on the context and the last is correct. The first should be "make a living (by) farming" The 3rd isn �t correct.

I don �t recognise your country �s flag. Could you tell me what it is? 

5 Jun 2015     

MoodyMoody
United States

Spinney, you don �t recognize the flag of the UK �s former protectorate, Hong Kong?

5 Jun 2015     

Peter Hardy
Australia

I agree with Spinney �s answers.

# Spinney: you can always right click on the flag and next click on properties to find out which country the flag belongs to.

Cheers, Peter 

6 Jun 2015     

spinney
United Kingdom

@Moodymoody, big red face this end considering I went out with someone from Hong Kong.Embarrassed @Peter, Thanks for the right click info. @Stephanie, I refer to my previous answer as confirmed by Peter.

6 Jun 2015     

tareq
Egypt

Hi everybody ,How are you all ? As far as I know ,I think all the sentences make sense depending on the context. They may also have the same meaning: taking farming as his livelehood, what do you think???

6 Jun 2015     

epit
Turkey

Hi !I think this stanza says farming is very important  �f people work with farming they produce and make their own living .For example  Turkey used to be  a large agriculture country but our people dont plant veggies and fruits and they have no jobs anymore .Hope it is true .

6 Jun 2015     

steptong
Hong Kong

Thank you

9 Jun 2015