Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > school     

school

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

school

Hi everybody,  I need  your help  I didn �t know the name of the  school were both boys and girls enroll and share classes . I know the term  in Arabic  but in English  I �m confused  .
Is it called a coeducational school or mixed school or mutual  school ? or something else ? 

waiting your help  

6 Jun 2015      

redcamarocruiser
United States

I found the term "public coed school"

6 Jun 2015     

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

why do you add public ? isn �t coed enough? 

6 Jun 2015     

Apodo
Australia

Coeducational school 

When speaking we often use the shortened coed school.

Public / private / community etc. just describes who runs the school and isn �t necessary unless you want to add that information.

7 Jun 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yes, you are right. Coed school or mixed school. The opposite is single sex school. Or just a boys � school or a girls � school. 

7 Jun 2015     

MarionG
Netherlands

In my part of the world a mixed gender school is the norm; therefore they are just called schools. It is understood by all that they are for boys and girls together. There is no special name for it. Only when a school deviates from that norm, and teaches only boys or only girls, it is explicitly mentioned. In that case it would become a boys � school or a girls � school.
If nothing is mentioned, one can assume it is a mixed gender school. 

7 Jun 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

In the UK, there are a number of single sex schools and they are proliferating, because of the �free schools � initiative. Anybody and her husband can set up a school. Many of them are along religious lines. How divisive is that? 

7 Jun 2015