Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ....:::: SOMEBODY HELP ME! CAE EXAM ::::....    

....:::: SOMEBODY HELP ME! CAE EXAM ::::....

Weliton
Brazil

....:::: SOMEBODY HELP ME! CAE EXAM ::::....

Dear friends from ESL PRINTABLES, salutations!

I �m here to beg for your help concerning the CAE EXAM, especially, the Reading Part in which you have to reintegrate the paragraphs to the text. I �ve been struggling with that part for weeks and I cannot think of a technique to help me solve that.

Please, please, please! If you have already taken the exam and have any tips to share, don �t hesitate!

I �ll be completely grateful.

Sincerely,

Weliton. 

6 Jun 2015      

starryargenta
United Kingdom

Hi Weliton,

I �m not sure if you want help as someone teaching CAE or as an exam candidate? I �m sorry I don �t have any specific advice for the reading, but I �ve always found the Flo Jo website excellent:  http://www.flo-joe.com/cae/students/index.htm  . You might find something useful there.

Best wishes,

Lotte

7 Jun 2015     

ep89za
Greece

Hello Weliton,
Flo-Joe is a very helpful site indeed. 
However, if you have the time, here are some tips on how to handle these texts in class:
1. Make sure the candidates undestand the skill they need to use as well as realise it is not as difficult as it seems. A way to do that is to take an article from a newspaper/magazine in their native language; cut the paragraphs apart and shuffle them; give it back t them to put that article back together.
2. Ask them to spot the way they did it; this will trigger the awareness of the reading skills they need to recruit.
3. Take an English language text (loads on the Internet) and make them aware of the cohesion/coherence devices (linking words, conjunctions, pronouns, adverbs, synonyms), and circle them. Ask them to find where they refer to in the text.
4. Cut out the paragraphs of the English text and do the same trick as in their native language one you have done earlier.
5. Use another English text and follow the same procedure.
6. Practise, practise, practise!

Hope this helps. :)

Zoi 

7 Jun 2015     

elderberrywine
Germany

Look at the first and last sentences of a paragraph, underline important verbs and nouns  and find a matching paragraph that takes up elements of these first and last sentences.

That �s the most helpful tip I can give you. 
elderberry

8 Jun 2015