Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Really Simple Stories + mp3    

Really Simple Stories + mp3

moravc
Czech Republic

Really Simple Stories + mp3

Dear friends,
I need your help. I am looking for some really easy stories (10-20 sentences, simple words) WITH audio. Is there any website ??? Really easy and short sentences and nice slow voice... For 11-year-old beginner - suffering from dyslexia.

Something like:
Today is Monday. I am going to school now. The weather is nice. The sun is shining. The birds are singing. But I am unhappy. I don �t like Math. The first lesson is Math. I am sad... I want to play football!
Hmmm..... I know what ! I will ask my teacher to go out instead! Well, now I AM happy.

Flash stories would be perfect too...
I have read many websites, but most stories are too difficult OR
there is perfect MP3 audio, but the story primary for ENGLISH pre-schoolers, so the vocabulary and sentence structure is too complicated / too childish... :-(

Have you found any EFL webpage with really short stories + audio?
PLEASE RECOMMEND !

THANK YOU !!!

22 Feb 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

Moravc,
try this site.

22 Feb 2009     

alexcure
Poland

Have you tried podcasts? One of the sites:

http://www.podfeed.net/podcast/Jokes+in+English+Podcast/2674

Good night, :)
Alex

22 Feb 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

hI...it �s very hard to find good ones...what i did was to use online stories. I recorded the audio in a cassette (i connected the audio system with the pc) and then i copied the drawings by pressing "impr pant pet sis" key (this key copyes what it �s in your screen) then you paste the page in word and print it. There you have audio and image....it �s very useful!!!
I hope i was clear!!

22 Feb 2009     

reeta1
Canada

Try Tumblebooks.com Although it cost approx. 300 dollars a year to access it, you can try to access it through a local library. Also, you do get a thirty-day free trial.

22 Feb 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

thank you !

22 Feb 2009