Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Name-It Contest    

Name-It Contest

MoodyMoody
United States

Name-It Contest

Return of the Name-It Contest! (Also an attempt to get some of the spam off of the forum).

Here �s how it works: I post a picture of an unusual object, and you give it a name based on what you think it does. Bizarre, pseudo-intellectual names work really well. (This is NOT the Caption Contest, although I �m not sure what happened to it.) Please don �t cheat and look for the image; use your imagination. I �ll come back in a day or so and pick the best answer. That person then gets to post another weird picture for us to ponder, or let the contest die again.

So, what is this?

10 Jun 2015      

teresasimoes
Portugal

This is a Treeshirt. 

10 Jun 2015     

maryse pey�
France

This is a hole-in-all to help practice golf.

10 Jun 2015     

alien boy
Japan

Winter underwear for turtles & tortoises

10 Jun 2015     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

Lego for fathers

11 Jun 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Pop sock! (For someone with funny-looking feet)

11 Jun 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

you put it on your cats when you do their pawdicure (i.e. nails)

11 Jun 2015     

MoodyMoody
United States

I liked the answers, and I liked that everyone named the item and talked about its possible function instead of giving it a caption. Well done! teresasimoes" Treeshirt got us off to a good start. Winter underwear for turtles and tortoises was pretty good, from alien boy. Julia Karaban �s Lego for fathers was the closest, since it is put together with small pieces. I can see cunliffe �s Pop sock for the back item. I almost gave it to ueslteacher for "pawdicure"; a pawdicure glove or restraint would probably have won. It �s a great way to describe the possible function, but not exactly the name of an item. Lost on a technicality.

But there can be only one, and the winner is maryse peyé with a hole-in-all to practice golf. Congratulations! Do what you will with the contest.

By the way, these are actually benches made from tennis balls. If you inherited 400 tennis balls and you are a couch potato, I guess this is what you do. 

11 Jun 2015