Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Message to Spammer    

Message to Spammer

MoodyMoody
United States

Message to Spammer

To the Spammer:

Please stop posting advertisements on ESL Printables. It is a waste of your time and our time. I �m sure you don �t get enough sales through our forum to make it worth the time of setting up sock puppet accounts and posting your ads of overpriced designer garbage that most teachers can �t even afford. Even if I could afford the stuff, your ads make me (at least) so angry that I would boycott the designers listed from ANY online vendor. Your ads display here for a couple of hours at most before they are removed as the deplorable spam that they are. Please go away and never come back under any name. Good riddance!

10 Jun 2015      

agagug
Canada

Woah! The 30 minutes I had been stuck with the spam were the worst... Now, it seems to be back to normal. Please keep ESLPrintables addfree.

10 Jun 2015     

MoodyMoody
United States

I �m just happy the spam is gone. I doubt my diatribe will do anything to discourage the idiot who keeps messing up our forums, but it felt good to express my frustration. I even left it as a PM, although my guess is that the account has been deleted or in process thereof. I really mean it; it �s a waste of the spammer �s time to post here. Has ANYONE ever ordered something from those posts? I seriously doubt it! I wish there were a practical way to keep the sock puppets out.

10 Jun 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well done, MoodyMoody. I couldn �t get on to the page. It was horrible! Would any of us ever want to buy that stuff? No!

11 Jun 2015     

MoodyMoody
United States

Another member pointed out to me in a PM that the spamvendor may be doing it in order to get clicks and redirects back to the website in order to get a higher listing on Google searches. I admit I hadn �t thought of that, but I still think it �s a waste of the spammer �s time. I KNOW it �s a waste of our time! I was able to get on and post yesterday, although I had long waits. In fairness, those waits were not the spammer �s fault but my Internet provider �s. I had a five minute wait to get on Facebook yesterday, and I use a different browser for that! (I usually use IE for ESL Printables. I don �t know if that made a difference yesterday or not.)

11 Jun 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

That sounds right - and he had five or six hits from me.
Lynne

12 Jun 2015