Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for useful tips for CAE and FCE courses    

Looking for useful tips for CAE and FCE courses

elderberrywine
Germany

Looking for useful tips for CAE and FCE courses

Dear colleagues,

in August, I will be starting a CAE and an FCE course.
I �ve got the books, I �ve got lots of ideas,I �ve got tons of motivation and so many applicants for the classes that a difficult placement test next week will have to help me reduce the number of candidates.
BUT
I have no experience of CAE and FCE whatsoever. I do have more than 2 decades � teaching experiences, but not this type of class. 
Those of you who have  run such classes, could you share your most important experiences / tips / warnings /  ideas with me? I �d be so happy !
elderberrywine 

10 Jun 2015      

rtynen
Spain

As long as you are motivated, and the students as well, you shouldn´t have any big problems!  Above all, I suggest reading the Handbook for Teachers that Cambridge has posted on its website... It shows you what Cambridge is looking for, above all in the Writing.  Also, timing can be tricky for those exams, so make sure you do timed practice and explain to your students how they should allocate the time they have.  Let me know if you have any other questions!

11 Jun 2015     

elderberrywine
Germany

Thank you, rtynen!
I do have more questions..

What can be done to make lessons fun and to keep up motivation?

how do you suggest students - keep a record of their mistakes and 
                                                       -  manage their own process of learning and revising vocabular?

13 Jun 2015