Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Book Advice!    

Book Advice!

troubleshooter
Turkey

Book Advice!

Hello everybody! I need a book for a 3rd grade student .He is a 9 year old Turkish boy studying in Romania and will spend his summer holiday in Turkey. He understands English but he is shy to speak. Can you share your ideas on what kind of activities , materials I can apply? Thanks!

Regards, 

26 Jun 2015      

Apodo
Australia

How about some of the English Language board games?
Help him with the answers at first so he can repeat after you. He may be afraid of making mistakes. 

I spy with my little eye something beginning with.... 
Share some riddles where he can read the answers.Laughter is always good. 

Or those repetitive games where you take turns such as �I went to the shop and bought....(something beginning with A, then add B etc)
I went to the zoo and saw... an alligator, 
I went to the zoo and saw... an alligator and a baboon
I went to the zoo and saw... an alligator, a baboon and a cheetah.

26 Jun 2015     

gulsahbilge67
Turkey

Hi!
Have you heard about afs publications? I used them this year and I think "My Friend" series are so useful. My students really liked the activities. You can try My Friend 3, or maybe an upper level.  I just checked on the net and the afs has also Vocabulary Word Picture Dictionary. I guess it can be a great source, too. 

And have you heard about Gogo series? They are perfect cartoons! You can find and download each part on YouTube. They can be used to teach vocabulary or easy grammar. 

You can also use some colouring pages and  Dream English songs by Matt. I guess  such activities can be icebreakers for her/his shyness. 

I hope these are helpful. 

27 Jun 2015