Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Something I have learned and would like to share.    

Something I have learned and would like to share.

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Something I have learned and would like to share.

Hi guys, I had a useful tip this week, from the great Larry Ferlazzo.

It �s the end of term, so during the final class, I shake hands with each student (Larry suggests a hug!) and say �It �s been a pleasure having you in my class this year � or, when that is too big a fib;-) �It �s been fun having you in my class this year � and then comment on something they have done. �I liked the way you helped others/always smiled/cleaned up/were respectful/did your homework � etc...

This has gone down a treat, so I thought I �d share it...

1 Jul 2015      

Mariethe House
France

What a great idea, Lynne! Could you give the link to ferlazzo �s article, please?

Hope you �re OK . When do you actually break up ?

1 Jul 2015     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

Really great idea!

1 Jul 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Mariethe,
I get Larry �s newsletter �Feedblitz � every month. I can thoroughly recommend it.
Two more weeks and then we break up, but we finish the old timetable this week and start the new timetable on Monday. Strange, but true!
Lynne
Edit: I�ve tried posting the link of the newsletter, but it led to my email account! 

1 Jul 2015     

redcamarocruiser
United States

http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/about/subscribe-to-a-monthly-newsletter/ This link claims to be for a subscription to his newsletter.

1 Jul 2015