Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > 4th of July    

4th of July

cbenglish
United States

4th of July

Happy 4th of July to all my colleagues, family, and friends all over the world teaching ESL.
It �s an American holiday, celebrating their independence.
As something fun, I �ve come up with a set of useful activities here in PDF format for any teachers wanting to do a lesson on it.
USA 4th of July Activities

1 Jul 2015      

yanogator
United States

It �s officially called "Independence Day".

Bruce 

1 Jul 2015     

Peter Hardy
Australia

It would be very nice if independency was indeed the case. Sadly, based on global news broadcasts and internet sources and the likes of economy, debt, trade and wars, the US of A are as dependent on the rest of the world as anyone else. In other words, they are not independent at all.  They may, as a generalisation of their character, not know much about the rest of the world (Australia is a continent, not a city in Arkansas), but they could lead the way of establishing peace, solving climate chance, educate the world in healthcare and curb population growth, become a philanthropist and so on.  (If the world was only as nice and loving as this website community, hey.) 

Alas, I don �t want to spoil your holiday feelings, as we all need them as often as possible, so here �s my wish: Welcome to the real world :-)

Cheers, Peter

1 Jul 2015     

richardtucker
Brazil

I �m an American, but that was funny!

3 Jul 2015