Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > HELP! After a Listening activity to download free    

HELP! After a Listening activity to download free

this is it
Argentina

HELP! After a Listening activity to download free

I need a short recording on Van Gogh to download free. I`ve also been trying to get the videos Vincent or Vincent & Theo but it has been impossible! Unhappy

If you know about anything that could help me, please let me know!

Well, thanks in advance.

22 Feb 2009      

freddie
Canada

There is a beautiful song by Don McLean called Starry Starry Night or Vincent which is about Vincent Van gough which you can find on You Tube.

Hope that helps Smile 

22 Feb 2009     

this is it
Argentina

Thanks a lot freddie! I knew about this song but it`s not exactly what I`m looking for. I wanted the kids to work on a short dialogue with perhaps some idiomatic expressions. Anyway, I know I won`t probably find it so I`ll go for your suggestion!

Thanks again! Thumbs Up

22 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Ahhhh, Starry Night ... i have the ... what do you call it, a reproduction?? on my bedroom wall. Van Gogh is my hero.

Has anyone read a book on Van Gogh, "Lust for Life" by Irwing Stone?? It �s absolutely marvelous. It is soooo optimistic. I mean, Van Gogh kept on moving forward, even though he had all the reasons in this world to stand still and vegetate and be down in the dumps.

Sorry, justsayit, my comment wasn �t of much help, but i �m such a huge fan of the painter ... Ahhhh ... Smile

22 Feb 2009     

freddie
Canada

I`m a big fan too Ivona! I haven`t read the book though, I`ll look for it. Thanks. Optimism is a great gift. I had the opportunity to see the Van Gough museum once and I cried from the sweet agony of witnessing his work in person, it was a spiritual experience. Really.

Hey justsayit, sorry I couldn`t think of another option for you.

22 Feb 2009     

this is it
Argentina

Hi Ivona and freddie!!

Thanks for getting involved. I`ll be working on Starry night. It will be part of a Unit of work I`m doing called : Expressing ourselves through ART! Sounds great, doesn`t it?

I`d better start thinking in different listening comp. activities to do with the song! Wink  I`ll see if I can upload it afterwards.

Bye for now and Thanks again!!

22 Feb 2009