Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Prologue writing    

Prologue writing

bhau
India

Prologue writing

Hey, I am suppose to teach kids of sixth grade how to write a prologue of a story and have a bleak idea about it..any suggestion in a form of a piece of advice or a worksheet will be a great helping...

12 Jul 2015      

Apodo
Australia

A prologue is an introduction to a work. Is that what your Grade 6 is learning to write?

12 Jul 2015     

tomptefl
Spain

Maybe get them to draw something. Or sequence the story in drawings...then work backwards and decide on something that happened before the story which can be the prologue. what �s the dictionary definition of prologue? Do they have to write the actual story, or just the prologue to an imaginary story?

13 Jul 2015     

bhau
India

Tomptefl,thank you very much  for your help. 

My students have to just write a prologue and not a story. They are struggling in that matter but I will try the tips given by you and am sure the tips would work. Is there any work sheet for the prologue writing?

Thank you once again.

15 Jul 2015     

bhau
India

Tomptefl,thank you very much  for your help. 

My students have to just write a prologue and not a story. They are struggling in that matter but I will try the tips given by you and am sure the tips would work. Is there any work sheet for the prologue writing?

Thank you once again.

15 Jul 2015