Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > RUDE COMMENT BY YAGINKA    

RUDE COMMENT BY YAGINKA

nessita77
Spain

RUDE COMMENT BY YAGINKA

Hi everybody!  I �ve just read this comment on my last contribution:

posted by yaginka
You haven�t been helpful at all!!!! When you�re looking for a material you don�t necesarily have something to comtribute straight away. I wasted my time registering only to learn that I cannot download what I need before I contribute! Well done! I�d have saved time actually creating the material instead!

I wanted to share it with everybody.  I don �t think this is a suitable comment.

Yaginka:  We all work very hard to contribute and the goal of this website is SHARING.  If you don �t feel comfortable with it, that �s fine.  There �s an easy solution: create your own materials and save time.  By the way, I would appreciate if you weren �t so rude.

22 Feb 2009      

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi nessita77

Unfortunately these type of rude comments are becoming more frequent. Yaginka didn �t understand the purpose of this website, but don �t worry too much about that. You know that you can �t count on us for everything you need. Keep up the good work.

Best wishes
Manuela

22 Feb 2009     

liverpuliana
Spain

Some people are so cheeeeeky, and they don �t realise how long it takes to create nice material...
I �ve experienced it at work, always asking for my material and never giving anything in return. Sometimes, my material has even been taken with no permission, so ...I suppose it takes all sorts...if their conscience is clear. I know mine wouldn �t!

22 Feb 2009     

nessita77
Spain

Thanks for your kind words!  Those cheeky people should be banned...

22 Feb 2009     

Tatyana83
Armenia

oh..Hi everybody..I �ve registrated here this evening... )))SO MANY THINGS ARE HERE! I �m just over the moon...But can �t download anything....I �m going crazy..
:))But don �t think I want just take and go..I have downloaded several things  already(my contrebution:))..I just don �t know whether it �s helpful for anybody on earth??
...Can anybody see my materials? Please say if you see.

22 Feb 2009     

liverpuliana
Spain

You �ll have to wait until tomorrow so your material is shown to us and then we will decide whether we like it or not, and if we do we will download it and you will get points and you will be able to download. Just be patient!

22 Feb 2009     

Tatyana83
Armenia

liverpuliana THANKS A MILLION for your answer. so that �s what i thought.
But may be you �ll interested in some definite matirial or topic?

22 Feb 2009     

alexcure
Poland

Tatyana, I did dl, just to shorten your impatience, :-)

Sylvie - have a nice evening, ;-) or dobrej nocy  -:)

PS. Sorry to change the topic but I am also against rude comments....

22 Feb 2009     

liverpuliana
Spain

As stexstme says, just be patient. If I �m interested in your material I �ll download it and other people will too. If not, you �ll have to keep on working to design better material. This is the way it works here...and believe me it �s great and once people start downloading your material (again if they are interested in it, no need to advertise it)you will feel more motivated to go on creating. This web is kind of addictive...but a nice one.
Hugs from Spain

22 Feb 2009     

alexcure
Poland

Indeed, it is addictive!!

So I am turning in.... -;)

hugs
Alex

22 Feb 2009     

Buzybeee
Poland

I think that it �s a good idea that in order to download something you have to contribute because otherwise some people would just register to get things and not give anything back (like it happens in many other boards) That would be unfair because preparing one worksheet takes lots of effort and time.
I �ve learned in my life that some people are just like leeches, taking, taking, taking. In the past I couldn �t say no if someone asked for a favour or something but now I don �t have this problem. If I know that a particular person is just trying to use me I say no and I don �t care if he/she feels offended or not. (that was small digression concerning livepuliana comment)
To be sure that no one takes it in a wrong way. Writing this I didn �t have in mind any person from this board. Just general ranting.Tongue

22 Feb 2009     

1    2    Next >