Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Fun Resources to teach Business English    

Fun Resources to teach Business English

dosjulia
Spain

Fun Resources to teach Business English

Dear All, I would be very happy if you could help me here. I �ve been teaching Business English to different groups of adults for some years now. But I �m at a point where I would like to kind of change my teaching techniques in some way, let �s say "to refresh" them. It seems to me I �ve been using the same resources, books and activities for too long. My request to you is this:

Do you know any sites where I can find fun material to use with adults dealing with Business English? We tend to use the same kind of material over and over again and I �m starting to get bored. And when a teacher gets bored.......it �s the end!!!

I �d love something that motivates my students, makes them have fun and at the same time they increase and practise their skills.
Can anybody help me here?
Thanks in advance. Ju 

27 Jul 2015      

SaraMariam
United States

Hey Ju,

I �m not really an expert when it comes to Business English, but I did teach it before and my experience was when I wasn �t stuck to "adult" material, classes would be a lot more fun. I would use Business English books and material, but also research kids games and activities and change them around a bit to make it fit the content. And the business students always loved it, as it was quite different from what they expected. I also tried to go out with them from time to time and would hold the classes in a coffee house or ice cream parlor , pretending we had a business meeting. I know that in some schools that is not possible because of insurance reasons, but if you can, I would definitely do that.
I �m not sure if this was helpful, but I hope that you will find lots of new ideas here :)

27 Jul 2015     

EwelinaEwelina
Japan

Hello there ;-)

How about watching SHARK TANK or DRAGON �S DEN on you tube with your students?
How about games for adults and teens ? 
http://www.teachingenglishgames.com/esl-for-adults

I hope this helps a bit.

Have a good day,

27 Jul 2015     

dosjulia
Spain

Thanks a lot for your help. Other teachers � ideas are Always helpful!!

27 Jul 2015     

barby76
Italy

hi there!

you could try by means of the busuu software! there are several units concerning it! your students just have to log in, select  "business course" and start practice. they can also get in touch with mother tongue people.

I hope  you like it 

28 Jul 2015