Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Don īt waste your time    

Don īt waste your time

Ricardofaraujo
Portugal

Don īt waste your time

Hello everybody!

It īs the first time I īm writing for ESL forumEmbarrassed. I īd like to tell you how wonderful this site is. Having the opportunity to share and to have worsheets from other English teachers from all over the world is just excellent! I think we can all take benefit from using this ESLprintables.
But there īs something which I consider to be completely useless and a perfect waste of time: the competition some members seem to be looking for! It īs really nonsenseThumbs Down! We are here because we are English teachers! Even if we are living in another continent, we are colleagues, aren īt we?? If I find a teacher who has a good worksheet to share and a higher score, that īs great! All I have to do is congratulate him/her and hope I can also help him/her sooner or later! When someone wants to share, he/she doesn īt care about these "ordinary feelings"! Some teachers have more material to share than others! What īs the problem?

Don īt waste your time. Believe me! We have many wonderful things to share.
Have a good week! In Portugal we have 2-3 days to relax during Carnival time! It means more time to look for new teaching material here Wink

Bye

22 Feb 2009      

Sílvia73
Portugal

Welcome to the forum, Ricardo!

I totally agree with you! And that īs the spirit here, at least of the vast majority!

Have a wonderful Carnival! Wink

22 Feb 2009     

atsitab
Portugal

Hi!

I totally agree with the two of you, Ricardo and Sílvia.  It really bothers me to see that some people are always eager to find other people īs mistakes.  Sometimes they accuse others without checking first if they are right or not; they count other people īs points to see if there īs any mistake or not and use really harshy words to talk about others.
It īs great to see that there are really nice people here!  This is what teaching means to me: understand others, share our experiences, learn from others and always be coerent to our values and principles.

Have a wonderful Carnival break!

:0)

22 Feb 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Maybe this forum needs a moderator. Some members are nasty in the way they comment. The fact that you īre somehow anonymous does not give you the right to be rude.

22 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I haven īt seen any harsh words on the forum yet. Everyone is always careful with their words. It īs just that criticism seems to be always (wrongly) connected with anger and annoyance and other negative feelings so that the addressed people usually misinterpret the well-meaning suggestion/critique as giving out to them. Which is not the case.

As i said earlier today, we cannot see each other, or hear each other, but we can put smileys!
Smile

22 Feb 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I don īt agree with you Ivona. I īve seen comments on this forum that you would never have seen a year ago. However, you said in another post that people could add emoticons to clarify their intentions and I do agree with you on that one.

22 Feb 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I don īt get it either. I don īt know what īs wrong.

22 Feb 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

I do agree this is useless because, after all,  once you are a premium member you can already download 30 new worksheets for free, which is more than enough, for me at least... The rest of the points for extra search on old stuff
One more thing, you can never use all the materials dowloaded here.. I have stocked many worksheets on my PC and have so far hardly  used, at most, a quarter of them, just because I have more specific topics to cover, and sometimes the programmes are not at all flexible, so I can īt always insert ESL printables
Regarding the waste of time, I believe the  real waste of time is the uselss fighting which members sometimes have here on the forum

22 Feb 2009     

MartaZ
Poland

Hi everyone!
I discovered the site quite recently but I really love it! It īs fantastic! The idea behind it great!!!
I keep finding really useful stuff - it īs quite addictive...
I haven īt noticed much competition, though. Personally, the fact that somebody has, say, over 30000 points makes me think: Wow!!! :) I īm trully impressed and encouraged to take a look at his/her worksheets. That īs it - no jealousy, no competition.

It īs Sunday night here - bedtime :)

22 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

You know, I have no idea what you are writing about.
I have never heard or read about anyone bragging about their points, ever!
We never discuss points here on the board at all, except for some newcomers
who don īt read the rules and can īt understand why they have no points
4 seconds after uploading.

But other than that - I have no idea what you īre on about!

L

22 Feb 2009     

freddie
Canada

I`m lost too!? Wacko

Hey Ivona - are you there? Maybe we need a game...this forum needs some lightening up! (not meaning to cut off any discussion of any problem though)

Smile

22 Feb 2009     

1    2    Next >