Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Bournemouth - any tips?    

Bournemouth - any tips?

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Bournemouth - any tips?

Hi, dear ESL friends.

In a couple of days I am going to visit Bournemouth in England. Well, actually it �s going to be a study stay, but there will be enough time to visit interesting places. Do you have any tips what we should see, except well-known places?

Thanks for your tips and have a nice day,

Michaela

11 Aug 2015      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well, Michaela, I;ve been to Bournemouth, ages ago with a mate while I was doing teacher training. As I was young and beautiful (to a blind man;-))) I had a great time. My husband has been and says if you get the chance to go to the New Forest, you should. Salisbury is not too far and the cathedral is really wonderful. Lulworth Cove might be a bit far, but an idyllic spot. I �m sure you will have a great time! Let us know how it goes. 
Lynne  

11 Aug 2015     

pilarnavarro
Spain

I agree with cunliffe on the options given above. There are some things you can so there. I remember having a great time there. I also went in summer. If  the weather is fine, the pier and the beach are also good choices. If you go to Salisbury, don �t forget to visit Stonehenge and Winchester as well( they are not far either), which are nice historical places for different reasons. I also went there ages ago and I was also young and beautiful LOL.

11 Aug 2015     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear friends,

I am not young, nor beautiful.......... but I am happy for your answers. Thanks a lot, I hope we �re going to have a fabulous time. :-)

Michaela

11 Aug 2015     

ohermann
Czech Republic

Michaela, 7 years ago I visited a beautiful spot in Dorset - the swannery in Abbotsbury, which is a very nice little village.  Also the villages around or near Salisbury, especially Avebury and Bibury, are also beautiful and fascinating (see some photos of mine here). But I�m sure you�ll enjoy the Jurassic Coast a lot. Enjoy your study trip!

Oto

12 Aug 2015