Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > DONATING PPT PRESENTATIONS    

DONATING PPT PRESENTATIONS

Gi2gi
Georgia

Ideloresmoore, well, in fact I did try to show my support and stated that: if you updated your ppt so that it did not contain any watermarked pics, there must have been a big mistake if it got deleted again. Also, I know it first hand, that the tone you have been using (no matter how frustrated you might feel) is quite inadequate. This is a site run by moderators who do this on a voluntary basis, so if they make a mistake, and they sometimes do, we must be tolerant. It takes time to realise, though, and I know how you feel. I remember my reaction was a total fury when one of my first Wss got reported and removed. I still consider that it was a mistake, but you have to accept it. Have in mind, people who moderate do this without receiving anything in return, for the sole purpose of keeping the site as clean as possible. To be frank, I do not understand your reaction towards my post, I did not intend to further frustrate you. Anyway, I wish you luck in whatever you do. Giorgi

16 Aug 2015     

kohai
Latvia

Dear Ideloresmoore, 
Frankly speaking, I do not understand your reaction towards Giorgi �s post, too. Maybe you haven �t read it carefully the same as you think other people don �t read your post well enough...

So many experienced people have joined in this conversation, but you don �t feel any support and sympathy? can �t take any advice? haven �t got a feeling you should thank them for taking their time answering your post and looking for links that could be useful? 

If you are a teacher you know that in learning (and teaching!) process we often have to accept our mistakes and also mistakes made by others. The world is not as dark as you see it at the moment, believe me. Just try to take it easier. You haven �t lost your work forever, you can use your ppt in your classes (and I believe you saying it is great because I know what  HOURS spent on making a ppt mean). The main idea is making  our ws and ppts for our students (not for getting points somewhere), isn �t it? So cheer up! 

17 Aug 2015     

ldeloresmoore
China

WOW. Guys. Really. 

Yes, I  DID express that I HAVE been supported. Yes, I DID admit that I had made a mistake and I DID take full responsibility for it. 

Yes, I DID DO all of those things.

Yes, I know these moderators do it for free. Yes, I appreciate it. And, yes, I know that they knew it was an unpaid gig when they took it.

I also know that, yes, I am frustrated. There �s nothing wrong with frustration. Why all the shaming?? I made two previous very polite requests through proper channels to get feedback from the moderators and got NONE. Only after venting my frustration in public did I get a very kind response from a moderator who has gone out of his way to help. Also, from a really nice teacher from the UK who has MUCH more experience on this board than I do. Both have been really kind.

There �s more to the story than you are choosing to focus on.

Now, can we please let this one rest? I �m still quite new at this. One of the things I like about this site is that there are "no leeches allowed" -- We must all give in order to get.  So, like everyone else here, I work hard to donate the best materials I am capable of so that I can earn the points to spend on the great materials donated by other teachers.  I �m just new at it. That �s all. I �m still learning the ropes. Please remember that you were once new, too. 

Part of that newness includes learning the ropes about how members of this group interact socially.

Peace to all.  

THE END OF THIS THREAD, PLEASE :-)  

17 Aug 2015     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Dear Ideloresmoore.  At such times I �d like to get my philosopher �s hat on. First of all, I remind myself that I don �t donate my work, but share it with some very kind, hardworking etcetera people.  That way it �s sort of prevented people (leeches) gathering hundreds or more worksheets etc without giving anything in return.  On the other hand, in case I missed any points, I remind myself that probably one student somewhere in the world learned some more/better English, thanks to my worksheet. What a lovely thought at the end of a horrible day :-) 

We all know the world ain �t fair. We also know we that together we try to keep this site clean and safe for future years. We also know that we cannot contact the moderators directly. Next, most of us also know, when we become moderators, and receive an invitation to moderate, how difficult and time consuming this is.   And last but not least, as a teacher you know that this was a lovely learning experience for you.  And you �ll be surprised how quickly you learn to make a similar PPT in a quarter of the time.
Take a deep breath, move on and keep up the good work.  You sound like a valued member already!
Cheers, Peter 

17 Aug 2015     

< Previous   1    2