Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the day winner    

Word of the day winner

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Word of the day winner

We had a great cancatenation of entries for the WOD - CANCATERVATE. It �s actually a verb meaning to pile into a heap. I have created a noun from it, but I don �t think it exists! MoodyMoody thought it was cats draining you of energy and as my ginger tom is circling me, tapping me on the shoulder asking me for his second breakfast, I know what she means! JuliaK �s students � comments asking if cats could ever wait also rang a bell. Giorgi �s entry made me laugh out loud, thinking of all those suffrage-deprived little kitties asking for their voting rights.  Loboclaud thinks that if you cater to your cats needs, he will cater to yours. It �s true! I loved Ingrid �s entry of a queenie preening herself a la Obama and telling herself that yes, she can find herself a decent tomcat. Good little girl! But there can only be one winner...... I am going with redcamarocruiser �s entry as it was very different and sounds plausible: to calculate the catenary (that word is to do with chains, I think) equation of a suspension bridge.

Thank you for your entries and over to you, Mary.  

17 Aug 2015      

redcamarocruiser
United States

Thank you, Lynne!

17 Aug 2015