Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day Contest, continued    

Word of the Day Contest, continued

MoodyMoody
United States

Word of the Day Contest, continued

So far, there have only been three competitors in the Word of the Day contest. You can see their answers here. Come on, I want more! Give your best FAKE definition for

PITYRIASIS.

I �ll pick a winner when this goes off the board again, even with only 3 entrants.

22 Aug 2015      

karenvazquez
Argentina

Pityriasis: It �s a deadly disease which attacks the brain. The main symptom is to feel sorry for everyone and think what a pity every little thing that goes wrong is!

22 Aug 2015     

loboclaud
Portugal

This word refers to a girl called Isis, who decided to go up in the air in a ballon. Pity that things didn �t work out for her and the balloon exploded!

23 Aug 2015     

loboclaud
Portugal

Pityarisis is a deadly mobile phone that explodes up in the air when it senses that you are feeling pity for someone.

23 Aug 2015     

maryse pey�
France

Here is antoher coded word, synonymous of �too much drunk �.

I mean : What a PITY R. IS AS drunk as a fISh !

It is the new politically correct word in... Don �t forget it now !

23 Aug 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Well,  this is an abbreviation of what exhausted Geppetto shouted when he had carved the very last bit of Pinocchio.

PInoccio, you TYRIng ASshole IS!

(Sorry  for not being  very polite, but I had been struggling to decipher the word, and Eureka! Here it is :)

Still wondering what the last IS means, though. And tyring is a common misspelling of tiring, obviously Papa Geppetto  was not quite good at spelling:)))

24 Aug 2015