Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > out of curiosity    

out of curiosity

pauguzman
Argentina

out of curiosity

Hi ! I �ve just been wondering why some fonts change when uploading the worksheets. I �ve asked to many people but nobody can explain to me the reason . Do you know it? I �ve also had some problems with the images  of my ws,  they �ve moved making the ws a little bit of mess.
thanks in advance, PAULA

23 Feb 2009      

Koenigin der Nacht
Cyprus

Avoid using fancy fonts that you have downloaded from the internet and you won �t have this problem. :-)  Or, if you must have them, transform them into pics using paint, etc. and then they won �t change.

23 Feb 2009     

Kita19
Portugal

Hello pauguzman!

Check out this link for maintaining the fonts you �ve used in your worksheets:

You can also do it as Koenigin_der_Nacht has suggested, but it gives you more work (I think).

The fonts change because the same fonts have to be installed in the other person �s computer. Eslprintables functions the same way. It only accepts the original fonts that you have in your computer.

Concerning the images of your wsh, don �t worry too much. That happens quite a lot here, but usually if you download the worksheet it �s perfectly fine. If that happens, just leave a note on the worksheet description.

I hope I could help you.

Love,

Kita

23 Feb 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

thank you so much for your quickly answers !!! Next time I will work with my ws as you said
thank you so much,
best regards, PAULA
=)

23 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

And lastly, small kids can �t read fancy fonts.
And it is for our students that we make these worksheets -right?

23 Feb 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

yes, you are right libertybelle , we make the ws for our students, but I don �t understand what you mean by fancy fonts. I always use the fonts from microsoft office word 2003, I don � t know any other fonts, and I �m learning to make ws with this programme (and Paint)My technological knowledge is very primitive hahaEmbarrassed, and the fonts from this office word, for example Showcard Gothic, always change when I upload my works.

24 Feb 2009     

alien boy
Japan

With regard to fonts, layout, etc you should have a little browse through this discussion thread: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=4329

There is some general explanation of a few things (including fonts) & a very useful link from Wolfy for a Word checklist.

Cheers,
AB

24 Feb 2009