Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > British penpals or e-pals.    

British penpals or e-pals.

24VICTORIA
Spain

British penpals or e-pals.

Hi,everyone,
I was just wondering if any of you could help me. One of the students in my school, a 17-year-old girl, would be interested in exchanging e-mails with British students just to improve her English. Could any of you help me asking your students? I would be very grateful. She knows there are lots of websites where she can chat to people her age and try to get to know them but the facti s that she just can trust such websites.  

Thanks to you all. I must confess I have become quite addicted to you all.

Good night!!
VictoriaWink 

23 Feb 2009      

eniarrol
France

Hello Victoria!
One of m student also wanted to find a british pen pal, and as I didn �t know any colleagues there, I had to look on the internet to help her.
And I found a useful website!
"students of the world"

there are lists of people who want to find penpals, with information about their age, interests etc...
Have a look!
and good night
Elsinore

23 Feb 2009     

24VICTORIA
Spain

Thank you very much, eniarrol! I�ve browsed the site. It looks quite  interesting.

24 Feb 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Hi,

I �m meeting a teenage girl this morning who is 17.

She �s Swiss French but if her level of English is good....she might be interested in writing
to your 17 year old student. Smile

I think this is an excellent way to motivate students...they �ve got to learn their verb tenses, vocabulary, etc and it does give them confidence. Thumbs Up

I �ve seen it with a 12 year private student.
She �s enthusiastic now and learning much faster than before.

Have a nice day and if you �re interested...then let me know and I �ll tell you if this girl of 17 is interested or not.

24 Feb 2009