Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > F-word worksheet    

F-word worksheet

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, TerefromArgentina

I re-quote myself

((When the circumstances bring you to deal with such offensive words I agree with you that " it�s better to approach this kind of things with a sense of humor, explain the contexts where the words occur and the effect they can cause." but from this to prepare a lesson deliberately can only lead to making serious things commonplace. I don�t think this would arrange things in the society in any way.))

4 Oct 2008     

marta73
Spain

I don�t think having a lesson on controversial matters will turn them into  commonplace. Not necessarily, at least, it depends on your intention. This text is useful to attract attention and since students feel involved, they are more receptive to discussion.
On the other hand, does language reflect thought or the other way round? Don�t swear words ( at least some) show particular emotions we need to transmit? Aren�t they useful at all? Don�t they have a communicative  and pragmatic function?
Tomos, I�m longing to visit Wales ( not only for the swear words.jajajaja). In fact I�m starting to do some research for a future trip!

4 Oct 2008     

< Previous   1    2