Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > white plain background    

white plain background

isateo
Spain

white plain background

Hello

I would suggest uploading worksheets with no pictures/colour in the background. It is very tiring to spend time deleting these because they are difficult to print and they also give the worksheets a too childish appearance.
Best regards
Isabel

8 Oct 2015      

MoodyMoody
United States

In that case, you may want to focus your search for materials on elementary worksheets aimed at older students. The bright, colorful worksheets with lots of pictures get lots of points; they are very popular. They aren �t going away any time soon. I prefer black-and-white myself with a few age-appropriate pictures or icons; I teach adults and the office photocopier is BW. I understand.

8 Oct 2015     

curk
Spain

I agree with you ,but  I think you are not the most appropriate person to talk about that when you have only downloaded a single worksheet. You should appreciate other �s work 

9 Oct 2015     

elderberrywine
Germany

This is something we have suggested again and again in the last couple of years - to no avail.

Many worksheets are overloaded, childish, too playful and completely useless in practically every school. No one I know in my country has free access to a colour copying machine at their workplace. They use up too much ink, the copies are harder to read because of the dark background or because they are simply overloaded.

But people here think that the more colour and pictures they add to their worksheets, the more downloads they will get. Which is, unfortunately, very true. 
 Plain, classical, serious worksheets with a lot of content instead of a lot of pictures are hard to find on this site ...

9 Oct 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I agree. There are so many beautiful worksheets here which must take the creators ages to make and they are so costly to print off - and then the kids must have them finished within about 2 minutes... but these are very popular. Strange...

9 Oct 2015     

asungilsanz
Spain

Well, not all the worksheets are printed. Some of them are projected onto an interactive white board, so I must say that a "touch" of colour is often welcome!

9 Oct 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

If deleting background colors/images is exactly what you mean, you could disable  printing background colors and images in MS word (Print Preview/Print Options).  It �s far easier than deleting them manually.  

A lot of people like colorful WS, and they are not for printing purposes only, as asungilsanz has noted.

Also, a simple text Ws will be too boring for young minds to work with -  a nice design should be combined with an equally interesting content.  In brief, it �s a matter of taste, and obviously colorful Ws are more popular, which I find quite natural. 

9 Oct 2015     

sarguero
Spain

Got it!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. More info

Got it!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. More info

6� A, 6� B, 6� C, 6� D = 105 pupils         2� A,  2� B,  2�C = 78 pupils                1�B, 1� C = 52 pupils  

Too much money needed to print colourful worksheets at a Public School (Escuela P�blica).

Note : In the school I work,  with about 800 pupils, our photocopy machine is a REAL HERO.

10 Oct 2015     

Hazza
Australia

What is this got it that keeps appearing on my computer about cookies? Any one else getting it? Dont want to get it!!!!

10 Oct 2015     

Hazza
Australia

This is the message I keep getting all the time!

10 Oct 2015