Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > CAPTION GAME WINNER    

CAPTION GAME WINNER

ueslteacher
Ukraine

CAPTION GAME WINNER

Unfortunately, cunliffe declined the offer to pick the next pic for caption game due to technology issues so I have to nominate someone else. My second best choice was Tapioca �s "Teaching the lemurs to form an orderly line for lunch was proving difficult."
So over to you Tap. 

21 Oct 2015      

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Oh, it is sad to hear that she has issues. I hope she manages to resolve them soon. Thank you for choosing me as your second choice Sophia! :-)

Now, let me find something appropriate....

22 Oct 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Oh wait. I had an idea! Is uploading the problem for Cunliffe? She can just send you the link to the image that she chooses, then you can post it. Or even easier, she can just use the url for the image, as I did below, rather than uploading the image.

22 Oct 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Pardon my intrusion, but I think Cunliffe is pretty much aware of the �tips and tricks � you �ve suggested, dear tapioca.  ;) Would you please go on with the caption contest?

22 Oct 2015     

Jayho
Australia

LOL Tap - that big, chunky PC belongs in a museum!

I�m not sure I feel comfortable with your replies here but I do understand that being second choice is not the same as first. So I am happy to post the next pic if you prefer.  I�ve been away for a while where there was absolutely no technology (and basically no nothing except peace and beautiful surroundings) so I haven�t actually done it for while.  Just let me know.

Cheers

Jayho

22 Oct 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Oh my gosh, please don �t think I am being precious about being second!!! :-D No problem at all. I just thought we could help Cunliffe if it was a techie problem. 

I think Gi2Gi is pretty keen to get moving with the next competition, so if you have a good picture, please go for it! 

You actually don �t need to upload anything, just point to it on a webpage, using the URL field in the graphics dialogue box. Make sure you are pointing directly to the jpg file (it will say .jpg at the end of the URL).

Your vacation sounds wonderful!

Sorry if my replies make anyone at all uncomfortable O.O. I am widely misunderstood :-p 

And that monitor in the picture used to be made that big so that the fish who swam about in it would have enough room. Haven �t you noticed that those aquarium "screensavers" have disappeared since they started using flat screens? Now you know why.... ;-) 

Tap 

22 Oct 2015     

almaz
United Kingdom

Well, I for one think you �ve been dashed helpful. Keep your little pearls coming 🍚

22 Oct 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Awwww, thank you Alex!

It took me 5 minutes before a small light went on in my brain and the "pearls" reference dropped home! Nice one! :-))

I �m a big fan of bubble tea.

22 Oct 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I �ve taught English as a second language for twenty years and I �ve contributed to this website for six years now. I �ve loved this website and this community, and it has given me a wonderful opportunity to help others across the world who do what I do. In that time, I think I �ve contributed a lot of quality printables and offered a lot of advice to other teachers. I �m proud of my contributions.

Here I am after six years, feeling anxious to post replies to others � questions because I know that everything or anything I say will be questioned, mocked and sniped at. Now, let �s just stop for a second and consider that. This is not just an internet forum to discuss a hobby; this is a website to support teachers across the world doing a very difficult job in teaching English as a second language! There are actual teachers from around the world who have posted questions tonight, looking for help to teach their students. And I am sitting here, able to answer some of them, and provide the help they need, yet I feel anxious and uneasy doing so. So I hope the users of the website will take a moment to consider the atmosphere of late, and whether it is conducive to the purpose that we log in for.

I don �t want a reply to this; I don �t want an apology. I simply want to use this website without harassment, bullying or trolling. I am a professional teacher. If you truly think my answer is incorrect, or have something to add in a constructive way, fantastic.

The Wikipedia community, a hundred thousand times larger than ours and fundamentally unmanageable has a single rule: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_be_a_jerk 
Thank you,
Lynne 

22 Oct 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Whooosh......Okay I think I �m missing something here, but I �ve just seen three different elephant pictures in 10 minutes. Am I imagining them Jayho? The waterfall, the VW car and the guy with the pony tail making a trunk call....

Is this the real life, or is this just elephantasy?  O.O

22 Oct 2015     

Jayho
Australia

yes, sorry. I love funny elephant pics and I spent (ie: wasted) time just flicking through them all, and of course finding better and better pics and some really, really sad ones too that people actually think are funny :-(    Anyway, the one you now see is the final one as I actually have to do some work now!

Cheers

Jayho

22 Oct 2015     

1    2    Next >