Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > iPad v android tablet    

iPad v android tablet

Jayho
Australia

iPad v android tablet

Hi all

In my institution, PC labs are being phased out (gulp!) and tablets/iPads are coming in (but they haven�t decided which, yet).

What do you use in your classroom? iPads or Tablets?

Personally, I prefer android tablets over iPads. I think androids are more flexible in terms of Bluetooth sharing and downloading free apps without needing to log in to the store. And 80% of my students use an android phone (so they are familiar with how android works). However, everyone in management seems to say iPad iPad iPad (and they don�t actually teach!)

I�m keen to hear your personal opinion on what does/doesn�t work for you in your classroom.

Cheers

Jayho

22 Oct 2015      

Gi2gi
Georgia

I do not think that either android or iOS will fully replace the windows-based PCs and laptops. Since windows 10 am looking forward to more tablets based on the good, old windows. In the meantime, I will use my android tab for browsing and media playback, which they are good at :)

23 Oct 2015     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

I would say android tablets especially your students are familiar with androids. 
If I were you, I would choose android to save time not teaching them new instructions,  

24 Oct 2015     

Jayho
Australia

Thank you Gi2Gi and Pretty 3

It�s a bit scary knowing that PC labs will be phased out at a time when iPads and tablets don�t have the same functionality as PCs, yet.

Cheers

Jayho

24 Oct 2015