Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Reading Stories    

Reading Stories

Maria Isabel
Peru

Reading Stories

Hi everybody:

I �m looking for stories for young learners (9 - 11 years old approx.) which can be used in two sessions...
I �ve found wonderful reading texts here but I need longer stories and exercises to work with...
Can anybody help me find a web site or maybe one sent to this site, as there are lots of pages with reading texts here.....
Thanks a lot
Maria Isabel

24 Feb 2009      

miss noor
Palestine

Hi,
You can use tihs website

24 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Write Reading in the box above and see what comes up!
L

24 Feb 2009     

pmca
Portugal

Hi!

You can also use some amazing reading kits which you can download for free at http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/try/resources/britlit .

BritLit is a great reading project sponsored by the British Council that aims to exploit English literature in the classroom as a language tool.

The resource kits posted at this website have been created for teachers from all over the world. Many of these kits have been created by some Portuguese teachers too.

You can find materials based on the works of several authors and from different countries and "Englishes".

Many of the BritLit Kits contain complete texts, tasks for students , teachers � notes as well as audio recordings of interviews with the authors and readings of the text. You can find material in powerpoint, word, pdf and audio (mp3) formats.

There are fabulous reading kits for ALL ages, including very young learners.

You can find a lot of interesting material at the teachingenglish.org.uk website.

Happy readings!

Paula Smile

24 Feb 2009     

Maria Isabel
Peru

Thank you very much for all your help.....it �s been very useful.

24 Feb 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

are these sites any good?

25 Feb 2009