Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > All my PMs are gone    

All my PMs are gone

Gi2gi
Georgia

Hi, Jayho

Just a suggestion, as the problem started after you have upgraded to win 8.1, have you installed all the graphic card / network card drivers?

Are you using any firewall / antivirus software that might be preventing you to access some websites or certain features of a webpage?

And a silly suggestion - is your PC clock correct? Some sites will not display correctly unless the PC clock is correct (might  show that the https certificate has expired or a similar error) 

Giorgi

31 Oct 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Good points....and made me think (although it �s unlikely) check your settings if you �re using ABP or Privacy Badger. They don �t affect my view of the PMs, but with Microsoft products it might be different....

The other possibility is that adding the site to your compatibility list has switched on javascript for this website in that browser. Try toggling javascript settings in the other browsers and see what happens.

It �s subjective, I know, but I honestly think that in general, Firefox is a better browser and if that emulator works, then you are sorted.

Hey isn �t the upgrade to W10 free? That might be worth thinking about too. But back up first! :-))

31 Oct 2015     

Jayho
Australia

Thank you Tap and Gi2Gi for your suggestions.

• I checked out that IE View add on in FF - looks good so installed it
  • Clock fine as is firewall stuff
  •  I�ve had 8.1 for a long time (more than 1 year) but only started encountering problems in the last six weeks. In fact, I hadn�t done any updates ever so I did that and there were 160 essential ones!  That�s when my problems really kicked in (I had had some problems prior)
  • Tried the java on Chrome and FF but no change
  • I�m going to stick with 8.1 until my next computer - it took me ages to learn how to navigate around Win8 and I was so thankful when 8.1 resembled more of Win7. I can wait for Win10.
BUT, I do have good news!

I wrote that all my PMs were gone, however there was actually one very new PM but the formatting was weird and there was no option to reply or delete in IE11, Chrome, FF or on my Samsung tablet. When I added this site to the compatibility list in IE11, all my PMs came back in IE11  (but not in Chrome/FF/tablet) and this one strange one looked just like what we see in the forum and cafe when it gets blocked - all skewiff. But there was now a delete option in IE11. So I have now deleted it and hey presto, I can now see all my PMs in Chrome, FF and on my tablet! I�m a happy little vegemite!

Cheers

Jayho

31 Oct 2015     

< Previous   1    2