Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the day    

Word of the day

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Word of the day

Anybody fancy a WOD game? It �s a while since we had one. Come on, let �s have your daffynitions - remember, we don �t want the real meaning! - for:

N O V E M D E C I L L I O N 

3 Nov 2015      

maryse pey�
France

Well it is the special quantity (DECIliter) of wine made in NOVEMber for the (l)LION King !

There are very very very few bottles of this vintage ! So I let you imagine the price of a NOVEMDECILLION !

3 Nov 2015     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

The transition of our eyes movement as days get darker from Autumn to Winter.
From the french word "Cillon -  ciller =to blink. 

3 Nov 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

It �s the name for a medical condition for people who chronically get sick/catch the seasonal viruses
NOVEMber  DECember ILL (sick) I (first person) On (it �s on)

3 Nov 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

@ Sophia - Oh that �s me! I start coughing in October and it doesn �t go away until the new year! At last, I can explain to people what I am suffering from! Thank you! ;-)

3 Nov 2015     

redcamarocruiser
United States

It is a pendant worn to track your metabolism, measuring 9 of your metabolic indicators in one convenient step.

3 Nov 2015     

MarionG
Netherlands

The mental anguish one experiences when weighing the countless (m/b/tr-illion) pros and cons before deciding on  a new purchase (novum= new).
Originally  resererved for major acquisitions, such as a new residence or art collection, recently this word has gained popularity describing the indecisive state of teenagers, mainly girls, in shopping malls. 

"The elderly sales clerk  wearily scratched his head as he watched the exaggerated novemdicillion of the girls by the earring display.
Oh my god, I could literally die! Did you see these! I totally must have these. The pink complements my eyes, doesn �t it? Aren �t these like the ones Madelyn was wearing? Oh no, wouldn �t want to look like her! did you see her shirt? OMG, so totally last year!
Maybe I shouldn �t get these? Do these earrings make me look fat? "

4 Nov 2015     

douglas
United States

The period of time between Halloween and Christmas (November-December)where marketers make (b)millions from consumers in their holiday shopping frenzies.

4 Nov 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

A remembrance of the famous lion - No, Cecil the Lion will never be forgotten.

4 Nov 2015     

Jayho
Australia

It �s an anagram for Decline Vim Loon

So, I decline, Vim Loon.

4 Nov 2015     

Terri Lawson
New Zealand

It �s actually November December is a silly one (we call this time of the year the silly season)

4 Nov 2015