Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS QUESTION?    

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS QUESTION?

gulsahbilge67
Turkey

Thank you all for those contributions. 

Then, we can conclude it is not a well-prepared question.

P.S. Dear, Tap I corrected the possessive determiner Thumbs Up 
Actually, it is not so easy to know names� genders for non-native speakers every time! Thanks for the notice. 

Greetings Smile

28 Nov 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

That �s very true and Doris is not a common name nowadays, so there is no reason you would know.

Have you noticed that in many languages, male names often end in consonants and female names more often in vowels or vowel sounds or �softer � sounds? It �s probably not the same in Turkish, but I think it is in many European languages.

There �s an article about it here (for anyone interested!).

By the way, I was interested in your name so I looked the meaning up and it �s very beautiful!

Tap

28 Nov 2015     

gulsahbilge67
Turkey

Hi again, Tap!

I haven �t thought about it before . It may be true for some languages. Ending with softer sounds for female names seem logical.

Thanks for the article. It is mostly theoretical, but I found it interesting.    

And you checked my name  - Queen of Roses. 
It �s not a very popular name these days, but I like it.  

Thanks.

29 Nov 2015     

< Previous   1    2