Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Two week intensive course - help needed    

Two week intensive course - help needed

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Two week intensive course - help needed

Hi colleagues, I have been asked by a local school to put on a two-week intensive course for 18 new arrivals, between the ages of 11 and 16. I start tomorrow. I have them all day every day for the whole 2 weeks in quite a small classroom although it �s big enough for them to stand up and form a circle. I have got a basic course to take them through, but I need some fun activities. I have this morning downloaded a great game from here - throw the dice and say whether you like the item it lands on. I �ve got loads of wallpaper so thought I could ask them to design their own game and plan a model town... Any ideas? I �m beginning to think I have bitten off more than I can chew!

6 Dec 2015      

ldeloresmoore
China

What �s their level? 

6 Dec 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

beginner to pre-intermediate

6 Dec 2015     

maryse pey�
France

You can prepare main informations about famous people and ask them to go fish for 1 or several cards and A) prepare short summaries with these informations and B) prepare questions about these summaries to ask their friends.

You can play a role part for a simple mystery (kind of murder or theft) : there is the detective asking questions and the witnesses and, of course, the culprit. Don �t forget to prepare the plot and some clues.

here are 2 little ideas.

Cheers.

Maryse.

6 Dec 2015     

Mariethe House
France

Here are a few fun activities from busyteacher.org

6 Dec 2015     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

There are also big collections of game ideas here on eslp

6 Dec 2015     

almaz
United Kingdom

Some ideas here on using video clips in the classroom (via the British Council):

6 Dec 2015     

spinney
United Kingdom

Father Ted with question sheets.

6 Dec 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thanks guys for your great ideas. I am all sorted now.
Father Ted! I always missed that as I had a night class. My husband loved it, so I �ll check it out. 
Thanks again,
Lynne  

6 Dec 2015