Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can I do it?    

Can I do it?

gharbi2009
Tunisia

Can I do it?

We have a local English page for teachers and I posted on it some worksheets from eslprintables. My aim is helping my colleagues with additional materials. I �m wondering if you think it is alright or it is some kind of "stealing" or "cheating". By the way, I never delete the name of the designer �s worksheet. Those who downloaded the sheets know they aren �t mine. What do you think? 

6 Dec 2015      

SVieira
Portugal

Have you considered posting there just the weblink to those worksheets? I think it would be a better way to deal with it, as it  would still be a good help for your colleagues, but not posing that ethical question you refer to. Besides, it would help the original designers of the worksheets get more points, if your colleagues do download them to use them.

Sandra

6 Dec 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi gharbi. As members of eslprintables, we are privileged to have access to so many varied, high quality resources. I think it is fine for you to share them in this way; you aren �t claiming credit  by pretending you made them and presumably, you encourage your colleagues to join up. Our ultimate aim is to assist other teachers and their students, not gain points, although personally, I love having a lot of points . I work with one or 2 colleagues who are very precious about what they have created and they won �t share...Why not? If you have put it out there, let people benefit. I think it is different once money changes hands; that �s a whole new ball game.

6 Dec 2015     

gharbi2009
Tunisia

Hi Sandra And Cunfille!

Some of them are already esl members but I think it is still a good idea to tell the others about the weblink.
More than points, I love seeing a thank-you comment!

6 Dec 2015     

kohai
Latvia

The Rules and Instructions of this website say:

Copyrights:
  • The documents included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means whatsoever. That includes publishing them on your website for your students � use.

6 Dec 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Wow! That copyright is a bit strong! For your personal use only! Maybe you can peruse them while on the loo or in the bath? I �m sorry to sound flippant, but these copyright rules are all over the place and nobody observes them anyway. Or so it seems to me...

6 Dec 2015     

kohai
Latvia

As I understand the rule about �for personal use only � I can make photocopies and use them in my classroom(and after that maybe some of them go to the loo...). I also don �t think it �s impossible to share them with my colleagues. But this rule doesn�t allow to sell other people work or post it on any websites... 
Am I wrong or have a too old fashioned understanding of things?

6 Dec 2015     

gharbi2009
Tunisia

Hi kohai!
 What about publishing your own worksheets on another website after publishing them here?  Isn �t it somehow a violation of rules and instructions. I think as long as you intend to lend colleagues a helping hand without expecting a reward, I don �t care much about a rule.

6 Dec 2015     

alien boy
Japan

If it were me, I �d publish my own printables, but ask any other ESL Printables members of work you �d like to share. You could send them a personal message just to make sure they don �t mind your sharing them.

Cheers,
AB 

6 Dec 2015     

ldeloresmoore
China

I think I �m going to have to ride with Cunliffe on this one. Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn �t it? Being soooooo strict? This teacher has spent her own points to "buy" the sheets. Therefore, she has had to donate enough stuff and has had enough of her stuff "bought" so that she has the points to spend. She  "bought" her friends a gift. Merry Christmas. 

"Personal use", indeed! My students will be disappointed to know that I can no longer allow them to use the things I �ve "purchased" here.

Well, as for my donations -- If any of you think enough of my efforts to WANT to share them, then by all means! Share away. I �ll be flattered to know you thought enough of me to give me credit for my work.

Cheers.... 

7 Dec 2015     

gharbi2009
Tunisia

hi Ideloresmoore!

very touching comment!

7 Dec 2015     

1    2    Next >