Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > looking for a proverb!    

looking for a proverb!

gharbi2009
Tunisia

looking for a proverb!

Hi everyone!

I was teaching a lesson about relationships when a pupil asked me for a translation  of a proverb in our culture into English. The proverb means if there is a dispute, fight or quarrel between two sisters, only a foolish person believes it. I told him that I didn �t know such a proverb in English but I would check. Anyway, I translated it as follows: Only the fool believe two-sister quarrel. Do you know any proverb in English which means almost the same thing. I appreciate your help. 

8 Dec 2015      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi gharbi, maybe �blood is thicker than water? �, though that �s about family in general. Anyway, it reminded me of a song I performed with two other young lasses - yes, it was when I was knee high to a grass hopper, just before the Punic Wars �. Here is a clip of the song. I must say, me and my 2 satellites sang the punchline with much more gusto and we were instructed to shake our fists at each other! 

8 Dec 2015     

gharbi2009
Tunisia

Hi cunliffe!

what a video! as if you had been reading my thoughts! it will save me a lot of time. Thanks a bunch.

8 Dec 2015