Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Possible or not?    

Possible or not?

Gi2gi
Georgia

Almaz, oh, and finally, one more thing for you to be grateful for. After I re-read the topic, I have noticed the incidence of you contradictory posts has decreased (although still remains) in comparison with some of your previous topics/posts. My congrats on that. :)))) Bye

11 Dec 2015     

almaz
United Kingdom

Gosh! My very own ESLP stalker. I should be flattered...

11 Dec 2015     

Jayho
Australia

While you�ve all gone to bed, we here down at the bottom of the world are now awake.

Interesting discussion.

If sounds perfectly natural to me for everyday conversation however whether would be my preferred form for formal writing.

As an aside, I�m finishing up a free online course with FutureLearn (Understanding Language: Learning and Teaching, by University of Southampton) and the module I�m doing at the moment is on global English and English as a Lingua Franca.  It�s really interesting. There are videos from top people in this field as well as lots of links for extra follow up. See bottom of here if you are interested .

Cheers

Jayho

11 Dec 2015     

alien boy
Japan

Thanks Jayho. the links are really�interesting and informative.

I�m up north, too, so maybe it�s the �east� that�s still up & about this afternoon ;)
Have a good�afternoon, night, or morning, as the case may be!�

11 Dec 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

I kind of intended my comment as a metaphorical "let �s go to bed" (sleep on it/calm down?) rather than a literal one! :-))

Really interesting courses, thanks Jayho. Have you tried any of the non-ESL related ones?

Tap

12 Dec 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Does that huge space at the bottom of Zvonka �s original post bother anyone else? It �s just me, right? I keep looking at it and wanting to hang a picture there or something....

12 Dec 2015     

zvonka.rink
Slovenia

Hi, everybody.

Thank you all for your ideas. I �m used to such heated discussions, however, when it comes to language teaching, one needs more than just an ear for a language. It �s the same for all languages, including mine, and in such cases we-teachers- have to be professional and do what is right respecting the language rules and accuracy, Therefore, I �ll decide on the basis of  the BNC. Anyway, I �m sorry that the debate got overheated- there was no need for it..

12 Dec 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well in a way I �m sorry this has disappeared from the main page before I �ve got round to responding, but I know the main players will be checking. To be honest, my friends (yes Almaz, I have friends on here) were going �Nooo! Do not respond. � They are probably right. 
But ... I thought the language used here was immoderate and totally unnecessary. �Stalker �. Ridiculous. And why was my name and a former post about double negatives dragged into it? It felt very personal from two members. And I am written off as �Giorgi�s friend Lynne�! Because I mentioned you have been intentionally misspelling his name. Plain nasty behaviour. The key person I am addressing likes to have the last word, By all means, have it. 
Lynne  
Edit: dear Zvonka - this is an ongoing saga and sorry it impinged on your post. 

12 Dec 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

almaz,

14 Dec 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Someone is wrong

14 Dec 2015     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >