Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Sonja-Bishop, Hold-me !    

Sonja-Bishop, Hold-me !

alexziaa
France

Sonja-Bishop, Hold-me !

Does any one know the lyrics of this song ? 

Sonja-Bishop, Hold-me !

Please help me !!!
Thanks  

13 Dec 2015      

Tapioca
United Kingdom

I don’t think they are available online, but I made a start on the first verse (about a quarter), and perhaps as a community, a few more people could contribute until you have them all? :-)

You come into this barroom
And I hear all the voices fade
You are a beauty just so stunning
The girls are staring _______________
It’s not long ago that we were lovers
And I wish those stays still were here
Now you pretend you hardly see me
You just pretend that I’m not there

Up to 50 seconds…anyone want to jump in?

Hold me - Sonja Bishop

Tap

13 Dec 2015     

maryse pey�
France

https://sonichits.com/video/Sonja_Bishop/Hold_Me

If it is this one you are looking for you will just have to take a pen and wrtie them !

Hope I am not wrong. 

13 Dec 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

You come into this barroom
The girls are staring ______________ (couldn �t work out those words)
It’s not long ago that we were lovers
And I wish those days still were here
You just pretend that I’m not there

CHORUS
Hold me tight
Hold me till the sun goes down tonight
And take my hand and make it feel all right
Hold me tight

I’ve been a fool and now it’s too late
But in my heart I’ve still got hope
And I can always feel this heartache
If I ain’t got you I can’t cope
I wonder why I can’t forget you
It seems you’re always on my mind
And when you’re close I still can’t have you
I’ve been a fool and I’ve been blind

CHORUS
Hold me tight
Hold me tight

13 Dec 2015     

Jayho
Australia

Oh, such a lovely song and voice.

Great job, Tap.  You did the hard work.

These are the differences that I hear:

I see you come into this ballroom
The girls are staring, got �em swayed (?)

Not long ago that we were lovers
And I wish those days still were here
You just pretend that I�m not there

BTW, when I googled the lyrics, I came across an infected site. Next thing, my screen was flashing and beeping with panic alerts. It sounded like a count down timer, beep beep beep beep - OMG!!!  I thought that was it, my PC gone!  Luckily, I quickly hit shutdown and did nothing  else and all is good.  Phew!! Must do a backup now.

Cheers

Jayho

13 Dec 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Holy cr*p, that sounded scary! You did well to shut down quickly. Unplugging the network cable is also something you can try unless you �re using wifi. I love that bit in Mr Robot where he basically takes his computer apart in 30 seconds and fries the chip in his microwave when he thinks he �s being hacked. The series is rubbish but they had a good soundtrack. The first song is a Neil Diamond cover of Jacques Brel �s �Ne me quittes pas �.

Thanks for picking up on my errors - I thought she was saying "goddamn swayed" and it didn �t make sense, but actually even "got �em swayed" sounds weird doesn �t it? Is it possible she �s wearing something suede (as it has a country lilt to it)? I think she �s Finnish, so maybe she has a slight accent and the lyric writer may not be a native speaker. I think the ballroom/barroom difference might say a lot about where we find romance!

Tap

14 Dec 2015     

Jayho
Australia

Yes, it was scary - all that beeping, but that was just a ploy to click. The thing is, the messages all look genuine so one can never be sure. I always think the best way is to shut down and if that doesn�t work, remove the battery to force a shutdown.

Yes, I think it is swayed; the dominance or control definition fits in. The girls are staring in awe (gob smacked), under the influence of his beauty (I�m assuming she�s singing about a male but beauty is possibly not the right word then). I didn�t think it was barroom because I didn�t think that was a word but a quick google shows it to be an American word (so, my new word for the day). Barrooms are definitely more common than ballrooms so she probably is talking about the pub.

Cheers

Jayho

14 Dec 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Hey Jayho,

I had a thought....

Looped and slowed down

You know how I added "It�s" in front of "not" (because to me it sounded odd that it was missed out when "that" was used a few words later)?

Soooooo...is it possible that the clause "The girls are staring" is complete, and she begins a new sentence which runs onto the next line, which might make more grammatical sense? So for example:

The girls are staring.  It�s got that I�m amazed (I actually think I hear a /t/ at the end of this line and not a /d/ now)
not long ago that we were lovers

My words ("It�s got that I�m amazed"), are not correct of course, but could the meaning be something like that? Something like "I can�t persuade"?

It�s really bugging me, as you can see!

Tap

14 Dec 2015     

alexziaa
France

Many thanks dear friends :) so nice of you  all :) 

14 Dec 2015     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Tap

Great tools!

I still think it�s    got �em swayed.  I listened via your tools and yep, I think that�s it.  Also, I believe that it fits in with this definition: People of power often "hold sway" over their followers, controlling them with the seeming ease of the breeze.  This definition is not commonly used but it does fit.

10/10 for persistence!

Cheers

Jayho

14 Dec 2015     

alien boy
Japan

The songwriter is an interesting Latvian composer named Raymonds Pauls. Unfortunately I haven �t found the lyrics anywhere, but the recording is�from an album of his songs.

Here �s a link to some info about him:

Cheers,
AB�

14 Dec 2015     

1    2    Next >