Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > pushy parents    

pushy parents

mayamin
Tunisia

pushy parents

hello :) I �m teaching a lesson about the parents involvement in the children �s education to pupils aged 13 (elementary/ pre-intermediate level). i �m looking for a cartoon strip, a song, a story or any teaching ideas that can help me tackle this topic! 
should parents be pushy or not? Any suggestion? please post a reply. i rely on your support :) thanks a lot. 

29 Dec 2015      

celticjames
Australia

Hehehe and you have just reminded me of something every Asian kid has wild nightmares about - TIGER MOM ! I will not say much, and I will guide you here 

http://amychua.com/

Here is a good narrative on Amy Chua 

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/feb/07/truth-about-tiger-mothers-family-amy-chua

29 Dec 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

ha ha, I like �tiger mom �. Also known as �helicopter mums �. My son accused me of being one! It �s definitely a bad thing. Google �helicopter mom � - there are lots of fun images to start you off. And for anyone who has had parents like that, here �s how to cope.
Well, that�s not quite the same as pushy parents.... There are 2 wss on here, debating the pros and cons.

That last link isn�t working for me - it�s a great RC and exercises. Just put �lesson A7 pushy parents� into the Contents search box. 

29 Dec 2015     

mayamin
Tunisia

thank you for your reply but i need something easier..

29 Dec 2015     

maryse pey�
France

29 Dec 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

What about teaching �should � and �could � and having a set of scenarios. Situations kids find themselves in - and what could or should the parents do to be supportive? And the scenarios? Mm, I �m still thinking.

29 Dec 2015