Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Grammar books    

Grammar books

guaguis5
Peru

Grammar books

Please could you recommend me some grammar books please?????

Thanks

26 Feb 2009      

guaguis5
Peru

Thanks

26 Feb 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

here are some links:

26 Feb 2009     

guaguis5
Peru

Thanks aftab57 my dear friend but i have all the books. I am also searching in your file (which you send me) there are lot of useful material

26 Feb 2009     

a isabel
Portugal

There isn �t a Perfect grammar!  Some points are not dealt in all grammars. That �s why I have several grammars. Besides the ones by Raymond Murphy I still
have "Grammar and vocabulary for first certificate, by Luke Prodromou - Longman
Intermediate Practice Language and First Certificate Language Practice, by Michael Vince, Heinemann
How English Works by Michael Swan, Oxford Of course we can still search the Net.
Good Luck!

26 Feb 2009     

karinadebard
Argentina

I love Round Up (Longman) by Virginia Evans in all the six levels because they �re really clear and thorough; the pictures are not the nicest but they �re very helpful in conveying meaning and the exercises are varied and not so structured as in other grammars, with lots of recycling and self-assessment tasks, too.

27 Feb 2009     

douglas
United States

It is written for fourth-sixth graders, focuses on basic grammar, and is difficult to acquire here in Europe; but I absolutely love Everything You Need to Know About English Homework published by Scholastic. It makes everything simple but is pretty comprehensive overall.  I bought it for my daughter years ago and kept it as my desk top reference when I was teaching English to native speakers.  Their book Checking Your Grammar and Getting it Right is also quite useful.

If you are not familiar with Scholastic, they are a US-based firm that supplies inexpensive materials to US schools (this means , of course, US English).  I grew up with Scholastic and still love their stuff.  

Here �s their website (I usually buy via Amazon):

Douglas

27 Feb 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi guaguis5

I continually refer to:

1. Practical English Usage by grammar guru Michael Swan
2. Grammar for English Language Teachers by Martin Parrot
3. The internet

I find that the books provide the theory illustated with a few examples and the internet provides a more user-friendly approach that can be used by students for grammar practice.

Some school grammar books are excellent in that they put it in simple terms.  I buy these from e-bay for a few dollars each.

Cheers

Jayho

27 Feb 2009     

guaguis5
Peru

Thanks to all

28 Feb 2009