Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Helping students with STUTTER problems.    

Helping students with STUTTER problems.

dosjulia
Spain

Helping students with STUTTER problems.

Sorry for the delay in my answer! Christmas holidays kept me busy. Thanks for your suggestions. Spinney, singing is Always a nice activity, which I frequently use in my lessons. But it is not good if the student with the problem must read an extract from a text or give the answer to a questions. He would even get more nervous to the idea of having to "sing" his answer! :-)
I have found a book about this problem, which I have ordered, as I feel that I must know more about how to deal with this problem in the classroom. If I find it useful and someone is interested, I could tell you about it.
To start with, the title is "Can I Tell you about Stuttering? A Guide for Friends, Family and Professionals". Maybe someone knows it already and can tell me something about it or about any other book which is about this topic.
Thanks again for your colaboration!
Julia 

9 Jan 2016      

class centre
Belarus

Hi dear dosjulia! I have such students from time to time. and what I have paid attention to is the following - when they read while with their left hand ( if they are right-handed) paging any other book,  they stutter much less, much less indeed. It really looks like a miracle. Do try it.

Good luck!

9 Jan 2016     

spinney
United Kingdom

Hi Julia!
Yeah, I didn �t think it would be much help unless very young and everybody was singing and even that has limits. Anyway, I couldn �t find your book but perhaps these might help:

and last but not least (and perhaps more practical)

I hope you can get something out of them.
Have a great weekend!
Dale 

9 Jan 2016