Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Grammar Quiz – with a twist    

Grammar Quiz – with a twist

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Nevertheless, some expressions are recent and we mustn �t deny our youth �s amazing creative ability to manipulate the language and move it forward. Alex, you seem to know people who go around crowing about what grammar geniuses they are (they �d be laughed out the room around here); people who are lazy, stupid or blinkered. You need to move in different circles!

13 Jan 2016     

almaz
United Kingdom

Naughty Lynn!  Remember what I said before about deliberate distortion and misrepresentation?

1) How on earth did you manage to explicitly connect a reference to a discussion about the recency illusion with the irrelevant suggestion that some people might not know that there are such things as recently-coined expressions? (I can only think that you couldn�t be bothered to check the link I gave)

2) Nobody is denying anybody�s "creative ability" to do anything. Why on earth would I even think about doing that?

3) Of course I know people who think they�re grammar geniuses � I�m sure we all do (if you�d bothered checking properly, you�d have seen in this very thread that I specifically referred to crowing about being a grammar genius as "awful"). What on earth was the point you were trying to make? 

4) "You need to move in different circles!" Wut?

13 Jan 2016     

< Previous   1    2