Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP/LITERATURE - Is it possible to create a Place just to post WS about IT?    

HELP/LITERATURE - Is it possible to create a Place just to post WS about IT?

SusanBrown
Netherlands

HELP/LITERATURE - Is it possible to create a Place just to post WS about IT?

I use to work with literature , audios and  videos...and I am sure that other teachers work with it too..so I never can find easily a place to post WS or powerpoints about LITERATURE topics..and I have a lot of material about it.....there is not a specific place for it..in the site... what is a pity because the valuable WS about this subject are lost in the middle of others and so difficult to be searching for them..demanding lots of time doing it..

what about to create a new place (right or left side of the web site specific for we upload ws and powerpoints about Literature and easy to find them when we need?

Just a thought...Hope it can be implemented in the site easily...

Another idea is about WS without links to AUDIOS and MOVIES..(frequentely I download WS that are specific for LISTENING and watching videos and the sender NeVER have provided the LINK for them inside the file.. for us find them easily.. again we waste precious time trying to find the AUDIO or the VIDEO link..mentionated into the WS.... and it could be included inside the file as I use to do in all my WS..that use these..ones as a part or the lesson.....minimizing the time we spend searching for it....maybe a specific place could be created for it too if it could be possible..we could find them more faster than ever..what do you think about it?

thanks for your attention..

27 Feb 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Hey Suzy
If you �re missing a category, why not send your idea as a private message to Victor?
That way he would see your idea. (just in case he doesn �t have time to check the board)
L

27 Feb 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I agree with you. Some of my worksheets are in links with stories I read for my students and I don �t upload them because of that.
And Liberty, I did send a message to Victor about that when I first joined in. I just figured it was not an important section for the members.

27 Feb 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Very useful ideas indeed. Like libertbelle says send a pm to victor to include this category. On the second point I think it is a matter of providing advice to members who may not know how to create a hyperlink in their worksheets to particular audios or videos or websites or ppt or additional worksheets etc. that they want us to use as part of the activity.

28 Feb 2009     

SusanBrown
Netherlands

Yes manonski, and liberty so let�s turn it more important and send this idea again..and again....this site must be helped and implemented...as LITERATURE is a very important part of teaching instead just grammar and more grammar rules... we see repeated topics every days in the ws. and in my view..it is so more interesting and easy teaching all the grammar rules and opening interesting discussions using literature..for doing it...actually we can count in our fingers the valuable WS that really instigate our students to think and comment about some topics, just few members make a contextualized work with students...in their ws..what I THANK THEM A LOT FOR THIS.....the most ws that are being uploaded every days are just grammar rules..pictures..and images to put color. repeated. topics.....without any contextualization....no real examples..into them.. .what is a pity...with literature all can be better.. students can read, can listen to the audios.. can imagine all the stories.. give their opinions etc.. etc...it can be a richer work with students if we start to use more literature inside the classrooms....Hugs.. Wink

28 Feb 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Suzy
I am not sure if this is important, but have you ever heard about a site called " Caring and Sharing"?
May be there, you find what you need; there are always a few members exchanging materials from one side to another.
Hope you find it useful

28 Feb 2009     

SusanBrown
Netherlands

I am already a member of the group <CARING AND SHARING> on google groups...is it the same u are doing reference? or it is other group with the same name?

I would like you could send me the LINK to this group you are mentioning here now.. maybe it is not the same who knows?

thanks for this information..

But What I want is a NEW CATEGORY HERE ON ESLPRINTABLES.. for LITERATURE that was not created yet by Victor...

Hugs Wink

28 Feb 2009     

anatavner
Israel

Hi,
I also agree with Suzy that a LITERATURE category is important, especially for those who teach higher level of English (Junior high and High School). I also wrote about it a while ago, but nothing has happened.

Anat

28 Feb 2009