Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Using the Guitar in the Classroom    

Using the Guitar in the Classroom

spinney
United Kingdom

@ Alien Boy - I can �t, it �s stuck!  @ Apodo - I second that, by the way. I �ve PMed him regarding that, oh, and the outrageous slur to myself and my mother �s good name, of course. Mind you, he is entertaining.

8 Feb 2016     

Mariethe House
France

Oh!! How can you be so rude, Paul?

I �ll just say that as a teacher you should, you must be creative therefore, why don �t you think about how to use your guitar in class ( apart from Lynne �s suggestion) and turn it into a creative worksheet you send to this place. I am sure there are more than one guitarist/teacher here who would be so delighted to find such a precious document!

8 Feb 2016     

almaz
United Kingdom

Good point, Dale. It isn�t every day that we get someone on here who can combine breathtaking arrogance with a profound lack of maturity.

After his answer to Ana, I wouldn�t even think about trying to help the brat him �\__/�

8 Feb 2016     

alien boy
Japan

Now, Paul, if you feel like starting with a clean slate, you should apologise to Ana & Dale, then continue the discussion with some details of what you actually mean. There are a lot of talented, knowledgeable , and friendly teachers here who will happily restart this conversation if you show a little humility & strength of character!

8 Feb 2016     

Gi2gi
Georgia

@PaulG, I cannot say that I am happy with your responses to Ana or spinney, but at the same time I am amused by reading the posts of some members who feel entitled to be posting stuff of high morale.
One should have memory good enough to remember how obnoxious and sarcastic they can be or if their memory is starting to fail them, there �s a descent search function here on the forum. 

8 Feb 2016     

PaulG
Costa Rica

I already apologized to Ana through private message. The thing is, I totally misunderstood what she was saying to me. I thought she was telling that instead of using my guitar, I should just play songs, like as in go to YouTube and have the song play on the computer. I understood she was offering an alternative INSTEAD of using my guitar.

8 Feb 2016     

PaulG
Costa Rica

About spinney, I feel he was just trolling here and trying to be offensive in something that had nothing to do with him.

8 Feb 2016     

spinney
United Kingdom

Being offensive ... hmm ... like calling somebody a douchebag for example. Well, at least you manned up and appologised to Ana. Well done.

8 Feb 2016     

alien boy
Japan

Well, that �s more like it. Let �s get back on topic, then. What age groups are your students, how many in a class, how often do you see them, & how broad is their vocabulary? I �m asking this because I teach music in English in an EFL environment. I also teach English & I try to use cross curricular lessons. Because I have the same students for both subjects it is relatively easy to do this, but your situation will probably be different. I was serious about my idea before - I have used music as an inspiration for creating stories & further development to scripts & the like, too. For lower level students I �ve used music for more deliberately guided story teaching too. Cheers, AB

8 Feb 2016     

PaulG
Costa Rica

Wow, that sounds awesome! Well, they are between 14 and 18. In one group I have younger students. Like 12. Most of the groups are either 2, 3, or 4 students. I even have some individual students. So 2 hours, just the student and me in the classroom. I see them once a week. And yes, I do like the ideas.

9 Feb 2016     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >